Thread: Colossus devs cooking up PS3 project?

Blog Entries

ps3 Colossus devs cooking up PS3 project?

Source: A widely circulated scan allegedly from the latest issue of Famitsu.

What we heard: Though neither Shadow of the Colossus nor ICO were runaway hits in the US--selling 566,859 and 189,799 copies domestically--they do have a rabid fan base. In Japan, though, they have a following so passionate, a pack of hyperactive hari-krishnas on meth would look like three-toed sloths on valium. Within the first 24 hours of Colossus' release, 80 percent of its launch shipment was sold.

So little wonder, then that the Ico crew is working on a new project for the PlayStation 3--allegedly, anyway. Today, a scan (picture) allegedly from this week's Famitsu, everyone's favorite Japanese gaming magazine, got ICO/Shadow fans all hot, bothered, and unladylike. The ad shows two sentences--one in black in the background and another in red overlaying it.

According to a native Japanese speaker, the black sentence says. "The ICO and Wanda and the Colossus team is hiring production staffers for a new project for PS3." (Wanda and the Colossus was Shadow's Japanese title.) The red sentence then says, "Are you recruiting now? When you finish the game, what's going to happen to PS3? It's too late, old timer." At the bottom of the scan is a Sony Computer Entertainment copyright notice in English--a trait shared by the PlayStation Japan Web site--and the SCE logo.

The official story: Sony Computer Entertainment America reps did not respond to requests for comment. But they shouldn't have to, since all the easily excitable forum-posters spreading the hullabaloo seem to have forgotten that ICO and Colossus director Fumito Ueda announced in 2005 that this next project would be for the PS3.

Bogus or not bogus?: Not bogus.

via gamespot

to be honest, if they re-released ICO and SotC in hi-def and sold it for over £100... i think i would buy it...
    no other games have affected me more than those two...and i relish it more than any other

I don't think they should do remakes..

SoC was great. Gameplay was simply perfect. Far better then Zelda I must say. Still, it missed something.. no side-quests, limited npc interractions and no dongeons.. SoC could have been the new Adventure-RPG classic like ''Link to the past'' were on snes.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthasar00 View Post
    I don't think they should do remakes..

SoC was great. Gameplay was simply perfect. Far better then Zelda I must say. Still, it missed something.. no side-quests, limited npc interractions and no dongeons.. SoC could have been the new Adventure-RPG classic like ''Link to the past'' were on snes.
    SotC was never aiming to be that type of game. totally different league

Thread Information