Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slimmer PS3 on the Way

Blog Entries

ps3 Slimmer PS3 on the Way

It's no surprise to hear that Sony's already working on the next gen PS3, but rumor has it that the new PS3 will have a dramatically different design from its current incarnation, shedding loads of that initial baby fat for a nice svelte profile. Sony Japan says that they're expected to transition to 45-nm chips by 2008. These new chips would halve the size of the PS3's current 90-nm chips, allowing for that thinner, curvier PS3. Considering how fat the current model is, the idea of a slimmer console is a welcome idea indeed.

via gizmodo

This sounds interesting to hear. If a slim-line PS3 is possibly in the making, that would be ace to have. I wonder what price Sony would fix on that though.

Damn it! Not again. So im going to drop £425 on a PS3 now, just to have a new updated version released 1 year later? When will companies stop doing this? Release your product, and stick by it, dont make multiple versions of it.
    -Xiofire

Now I'm glad I didn't get a PS3 yet

I told my friends at school that it would happen...but they didn't believe me. If only I had made bets, I'd probably be able to get one now.

I don't want a slim one, it just messes u easier, like the slim PS2, the lazer is so weak...

If Sony takes my idea then they will be smart. Make several versions of the PS3 that are all still PS3. Since they are going to be able to make slim PS3's, and PS3 is already a computer, they can consider something. What is a slimmer, more mobile computer? Hmmm, ahh yes, a laptop! Sony should make a PS3 laptop that comes preinstalled with a distro of Linux that is easy to learn and resembles windows so people can use it easily. I would definately buy a PS3 laptop if it were available and if it could stay at $600, which I doubt, it would be a great cheap option of a laptop since most good laptops right now, if I am not mistaken, are upwords of $1000. I'm not really sure how "slim" the next PS3 would be though so we'll have to see. They could also have PS3's that have larger hard drives and different colors, as they have done with all of their other consoles. Eventually they should come out with a PS3P that uses lots of flash memory instead of a hard drive. That would obviously be very very hard to slim it down that much but I can dream can't I?

DCEmu Regular

i don't even think the ps3 will last that long for sony to make a slim one, but if it will hopefully the price will be half the price it is now.

Slimmer AND cheaper ps3?

My patience is slowly paying of!:thumbup:

Laptop PS3!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information