Thread: Metroid Prime 3 delayed until later this year?

Blog Entries

Rev Metroid Prime 3 delayed until later this year?

MTV News spoke with Nintendo President Reggie Fils-Aime last week at DICE to discuss Wii shortages, production increases, and specific game releases. Having all but said, "Read my lips, no more Nintendo droughts," in the past stating an "early 2007" release of Metroid Prime 3 on Wii, the gaming exec was less committal this time around.

Regarding first-party heavyweights, Fils-Aime said, "They're coming. But we're being very strategic when we're going to launch them. And we're making sure our licensees enjoy success on their titles and that the spacing makes sense." Okay. Let's keep hope alive. He continued, "[Gamers] need to recognize that when we release [Metroid Prime 3], it will be perfect. And if that's a little later than folks would have liked, I'm hoping they're going to be happy." Uh oh. That's sounds like code for "this bad boy ain't coming out for a while."

via joystiq

We waited about 3 years for Zelda what's a few more months!? I'm more excited about Brawl than anything!

SONUVA BIATCH!!!......oh well.....guess I should try to finish some of my other games in the meantime.

Damn! I'm looking forward to this more than any other game for the Wii. I was really hoping to play this in the spring. Now I don't really have anything to tie me over until the end of the year when Brawl and Mario Galaxy are released. (if they aren't delayed)

Quote Originally Posted by mastersho View Post
    We waited about 3 years for Zelda what's a few more months!? I'm more excited about Brawl than anything!
    Yeah, and it totally wasn't worth the delays, especially the final delay just for some silly tacked-on controls.

my metroid is gonna be out later? *cries*

Thread Information