Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the most unreasonable price you ever paid for a video game, used or otherwise.

Default What's the most unreasonable price you ever paid for a video game, used or otherwise.

Impatience is my enemy. How much would you be willing to pay for two sonic games to finish off your sonic game cube collection?

I became sonic fan early on in the 16 bit days however when sega first went under. being a prideful fan as I am. I never bought sonic dx and sonic battle for the game cube.
    As at that time I had them for the dreamcast in the form of sonic adventure 1 and 2.
    But as you know. Some things just wont hold up well with time. In fact at the first signs of sega's downfall like an idiot i sold my dc on ebay and made a nice chunk of change. however. This came at a high cost as I never experienced Dc homebrew. (Sad face)

Anyhoo My psp more then makes up for what i may have missed in the Dc scene, in my opinion anyway.

SO here the deal. being the sonic fan that I am. I continued on and purchased the later sonic installments for the game cube. The sonic mega collection, Sonic heroes, Shadow the hedgehog,( WHICH IS A GOOD GAME DAMMIT!). But never was i able to find sonic dx and sonic adventure 2 battle for the game cube. I had hit up bargain bins, Game shops. all to no avail. Until I remembered A friend of mine had those two games. I promptly go to visit him. in which I tell him my predicament.
    He gladly allows me to borrow the games at which point i take them home. play them. Call him back and ask him how much. He says there not for sale. I say 50 bucks. He says sold.
    And now im the proud owner of the most expensive (used) game cube games on planet earth.

And ya know what. Id do it again if I had to. I love sonic that damned much.

Blog Entries

60 pounds for wwf royal rumble on snes. but i completed within 5 hours and took the bugger back for a refund

was a crap game

Ummm.... I can't really remember but I payed £30 for a GBC game before, which was crap and I took it back.

a japanese import of final fantasy XII which cost me 65 pounds due to it's apparent 'rareness' and for the posting -_-

lol, I could list almost every game Ive bought because in Australia we get extremely ripped off for any game. Some 360 games sell for $119 AUD here.

-!-
    /\

I bought a GBC game that really sucked, but it was new, for $20. I hated it so the next day i took it back and they said they would trade it in as a used game for 25 cents... I couldn't return it anymore because I opened it.
    Also, i bought a nes for $35 which is more than what ps1's sell for now...
    I bought a gamecube for $70, and that was about 2 months before I got my Wii.

shadowprophet I could have sworn I've seen sonic dx and sonic adventure 2 battle at Gamestop a few time lately.

The most I've ever gotten ripped off was when I bought Chrono Trigger in box for $18 XD

Seriously, I rarely will overspend on a game (if I have ever done so.)

lets see, i paid somewhere in the 70 range for xenogears on the PS1.
    http://one.revver.com/watch/170516
    http://one.revver.com/watch/167200

Please click the links above to watch my stick figure animations,
    and please, if you have the time, click the ads at the end to earn me some money.

$60 for Guilty Gear XX #Reload on the PSP (Import). I was tired of Guilty Gear Judgment's delays, so I did it. A few months later, the newest GG game (At the time) got packaged with Judgment (In Japan). Boy, was I mad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information