Writing in his regular column in the latest issue of Japanese game magazine Famitsu, Goichi Suda – better known as Suda51, the lunatic visionary behind No More Heroes and Lollipop Chainsaw – has this week shared his initial thoughts on PlayStation 4.“I’m writing this just a few hours after the reveal of PS4,” begins Suda, whose Grasshopper Manufacture studio is currently at work on multiplatform title Killer Is Dead. “The PS3 has been on sale for seven years but it’s still very much alive and doesn’t feel old at all. The life cycle for hardware has gotten longer, I keep thinking. But saying that, I’m thrilled that we can welcome the PS4 at the end of this year.”He goes on to detail his first impressions. “I think that in the future, cloud delivery will become totally commonplace,” he writes. “Social networking has certainly done that. To be able to play anywhere, on any device, with shared data – this will be an alluring new feature for games. You’ll have your own personal profile or ID that you can access from many different devices and enjoy your game from anywhere, in various different ways.“That this play style will become a reality is futuristic enough. But in addition, cloud saving becoming standard practice is an evolution in itself. It will add new value and will surely result in new ways to play. Thinking about the future of this stuff and then constructing and outputting something appealing is our job as game designers, and from that challenge we can take new strength.“And that makes me horny.”

http://www.edge-online.com/features/...roject-diva-f/