Thread: PS3: Warhawk to be download-only title

DCEmu Pro

Default PS3: Warhawk to be download-only title

News via 1UP

According to 1UP's Sam Kennedy, Warhawk for the PS3 is not going to be a full retail game after all. He believes this could be a great demo by Sony, indicating their desire to provide not only fun arcade games but quality and in-depth games.

It's interesting, because I know a lot of people's perception of the game will change once they hear it's downloadable over PSN as opposed to being a full retail game. It shouldn't. I believe this could actually become a great demonstration of what Sony has in store for us with downloadable games.

Mark my words: While Sony definitely needs to catch up with Microsoft in a lot of respects when it comes to online, they are going to lead the way when it comes to downloadable games this year.

Nintendo seems pretty content with the retro stuff for the time being, and Microsoft, despite initially wowing us with cool stuff like Geometry Wars, has pretty much kept everything relegated to this "Arcade" philosophy (as in minigames/simple experiences -- only recently did it scrap its file size limit to accommodate bigger games like Castlevania SOTN), but Sony is approaching these PSN titles as "real" games that you can buy online.

DCEmu Newbie

Sooo...i'll have to wait for hours on end just to be able to play a "demo" of the game and then pay for further useage of the games features? Meh, i'm sure i'll do it anyway because it looks f'n awesome

DCEmu Newbie

FromKotaku:

Rumor Smash: Warhawk Download Only

For the second time in about as many months Sony is smashing the rumor that Warhawk is going to be downloadable only.

In fact, Sam Kennedy, who floated the rumor as apparent fact, spent the day playing the game on a disc. Whoops.

When contacted for comment today, Sony reps said:

At this time that's simply not true. We have not made any decision with regards to distribution for Warhawk, which is due out this fall.

DId they leave a little wiggle room? Sure, but I hear that's more about leaving room for any eventuality than because they think the game is going that route. The fact is that right now the early version of the game is playable on a disc.

DCEmu Newbie

w00t! Now I just have to save up $60 for the game...but i'm super poor so good luck to me on that lol. :P

Thread Information