Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No$gba version 2.3d

Blog Entries

GBA No$gba version 2.3d

The GBA and DS emulator for Windows has seen a new update, heres whats new:

nds/video/help: added note on unknown tvoutcnt register (nds9 port 4000070h)

nds/sio/help: added chapter on (absent) link port (with new bits like ckup)

nds/aux/help: added full gba and gba-sp cpu/lcd/chipset pinouts (from no$gmb)

nds/aux/help: added SG and SW pins (gba-sp/nds headphone socket) (from no$gmb)

nds/3d/help: added projection/rotation/scaling/translation matrix examples

nds/3d/help: added edge marking notes, alpha_test_ref notes, and fog notes

nds/3d/help: added new shadow polygon chapter, and added toon table notes

nds/3d: skips vtx's of (still unsupported) shadow polygons (avoid eragon dirt)

nds/3d: speedup: re-creates textures only if teximage_param/pltt_base changed

nds/3d: speedup: mtx_mul_4x3/3x3/trans/scale skips fixed values (ie. 0 and 1)

nds/sound: init [sb_pos_in_buf_in_clk_cycles]=0 (avoids fatal 'e-2' on reset)

nds/3d: supports packed-texture-mode3 (mul3+mul5=div8) (eragon/mariokart demo)

nds/microphone: emulates mircophone gain level (powerman reg3 = x1 x2 x4 x8)

nds/microphone: wave_in-dma activated only if/as long as enabled in powerman

nds/microphone: forwards PC mic-in/line-in to nds-microphone (player 1 only)

nds/microphone: emulates muted mic-level (for mic-powerman off=000h, on=800h)

dos/nds: supports nds-video (256x192) (dual-screen) (forced 640x480 onepix)

dos: dpmi redirects dos32_int10 to dpmi_interrupt_10h (fixes win98 xgra-crash)

dos: uses int2fh/1680h under dpmi (not actually supported by cwsdpmi/win98)

dos: prevents hlt-opcode under dpmi (hlt crashed cwsdpmi, ignored by win98)

initialize: corrected @@zero_fill_vals length (caused crash in dos version)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

I think this emulator sux ass because it does not play .nds. So if you ask me its not a nds emu, just a gba emu. And there are way better gba emu's at the moment..

raging_bull, you are TOTALLY wrong. It plays Nintendo DS games very very good.
    Just check the screenshots here..
    http://forums.ngemu.com/no-gba/

Exactly which .nds files are you trying to run? Most homebrew runs fine for me. If you're trying to run commercial games, then don't ask on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Exactly which .nds files are you trying to run? Most homebrew runs fine for me. If you're trying to run commercial games, then don't ask on this forum.
    Why not? The no$gba authors made the emulator for commercial games, they didn't give much support for homebrew.

I'm just not sure how far the "no rom talk" rule goes. Yes, it's possible to run commercial games, but I felt that giving instructions would probably violate the rule, especially since the instructions involve obtaining other non-game-related copyrighted binaries (unless you have a suitable adapter and can dump them yourself).

Make a rom of your own game is not illegal, and Nintendo DS games have not copy protection.

I understand that dumping your own games for backup purposes is questionably legal. I'm just saying that getting no$GBA to run commercial roms would require you to dump your own games and your own BIOS files, both of which are copyrighted and are unlikely to be legally dumped by all but the most serious people. This leads me to believe that raging_bull is most likely downloading his roms off the Internet, which is indeed illegal.

so does this have full speed ds emulation for commercial games?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy4point0 View Post
    so does this have full speed ds emulation for commercial games?
    I don't know if the game runs with 'perfect' FPS, but you can excellent speed. Just check the link I posted for screens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information