Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shameful Sony Removes PS3 Emotion Engine In Europe And Australia But Jack price up

ps3 Shameful Sony Removes PS3 Emotion Engine In Europe And Australia But Jack price up

news via newtech

When the PS3 is out in Europe and Australia this March, the units sold will have no Emotion Engine like the ones sold in Japan and US. Instead Sony will use emulation software to play back PS2 and PS1 games.

Sony is doing this to cut manufacturing costs but also functionality, as the new version will play fewer games developed for the PlayStation and PS2 than the U.S. and Japanese version. This is an utter disgrace especially the unit sold in Europe and Australia is more costly.

It is time to boycott Sony products. Go buy a Nintendo Wii and/or a XBox 360 instead!

feedback via comment

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103 View Post
    It is time to boycott Sony products. Go buy a Nintendo Wii and/or a XBox 360 instead!
    feedback via comment
    or just go nd get ur PS3 from Japan (cheaper) or the US, i would get mine from Japan because its cheaper (from some sites) and has the same region as europe.

man there is no point in getting a ps3 now until next year or never so i might aswell trade in most my ps2 games out of 70 games altogether and buy an xbox 360 and save for a high definition tv, and the low sales of the ps3 are probably caused by poor marketing skills to build up hype for it.

It will still be a kick ass console I think.

yh i no but if u can buy a PS3 4 around £270 + P&P it is cheap but u get to keep all them games init + u also get a better games console ... with blu ray ... = more better grapics and better games and also better blu ray DVDs

DCEmu Newbie

Personally it doesn't really bother me that much seeing as i've already sold all my PS2 games and console.

However, i can't see how it's going to end up affecting loads of the PS2 games. I can't see the BC going suddenly from 98% to like 20%

The most popular games out for the PS2 i think will play without a problem.

As i say though, it doesn't really bother me that much seeing as all my investments will be going towards PS3 games and not PS2.

i'm starting to think that this whole bc thing has been blown a little out of proportion, but we won't really know till they release the list of games that are incompatible. i'm still glad i got mine when i did, but i have a feeling that those with the software emulated bc consoles are going to get an advantage later on down the road that the rest of us can't have. [unleess they release a firmware that shuts down the hardware and goes over to software only.] i guess time will only tell.

If anyone still buys a stipped down PS3 we can stamp "idiot" on their forehead!

DCEmu Newbie

why go and buy a wii or xbox 360 when they r both crap!!!

i wud rather keep my ps2 than get either of those

why make a big deal out of not being able to play some ps2 games on ps3

doesnt really matter

im still getting ps3

Quote Originally Posted by gunntims0103 View Post
    HEY HEY, WHAT IS THAT?
    Are you a Nintendo or a Microsoft promoter of something?? Don't try to confuse European people at a time like this, you brainwasher!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information