Thread: Problems with AES4ALL

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation Problems with AES4ALL

Hi people, I'm brazillian and i'm new here, and I have problems with AES4all....

1 .: How do i Get "Metal Slug 3 and 5, and Kof 2003 converted?"
    2.: I've got metal slug X converted, It was terrific, Sound, video and speed was great, but there is a little leg that i want to know how to fix it...:sometimes, the game(metal slug x) gets some slowdowns, i heard a rumor, that there is a configuration for this kind of problem...
    Can someone tell me...?
    thanks for everyone..
    Brazillian people love you!!!!

Welcome to DCEmu UK

1. Try using this ROMRC, it includes the necessary file specifications:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37423

2. There is not much you can do at the moment. Maybe try creating a CD with only AES4ALL + a dummy file + your Metal Slug X game on it and see if the lag is a bit shorter. Also I recommend not to play in 2 player mode as that will make the problem worse. In my opinion it runs very good in 1 player mode though.

Since Metal Slug X is basicly just a remix of Metal Slug 2 which is available for NeoGeoCD, you could use the Neo4All/CD emulator to play that instead. Metal Slug 1 and 2 run perfectly and without lag. Neo4All/CD recently also saw a new update with a great speed and compatibility improvement:
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51603

Other than that you could wait for the next version of AES4All. This next version will make allow a game to use more of the Dreamcast's RAM

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_dream View Post
    1 .: How do i Get "Metal Slug 3 and 5, and Kof 2003 converted?"
    save decrypted data from all roms (Cs, Vs, m1, s1 and Ps), and rename it as listed inside romrc file (open with notepad). I suggest you to use any FBA build that have the option to save the decrypted data directly from ram memory and without any hard work ( i.e. Final Burn Evolution, or FBA AWP Plus!)

2.: I've got metal slug X converted, It was terrific, Sound, video and speed was great, but there is a little leg that i want to know how to fix it...:sometimes, the game(metal slug x) gets some slowdowns, i heard a rumor, that there is a configuration for this kind of problem...
    Can someone tell me...?
    thanks for everyone..
    Brazillian people love you!!!!
    try to decrease the z80 clock speed in the aes4all menu, so you'll free a bit of cpu usage to graphic data processing...

DCEmu Newbie

Unhappy /thanks\

Brigado pessoal, mas esse romrc nao funciona...
    Uma caixa aprece dizendo "RomRC not found" quando convertendo...
    ----->
    Thanks people, but this ROMRC doesnt work...
    A little box apears saying "RomRC not found"
    And I didnt understand what i have to do ....
    I 've been burning CDs for neo4all /cd RC2, and metal slug 2...
    Good,Good,Good,Good,Good,Good,Good,Good,Good,Good, Good,Good,Good,Good,Good,Good...

But no background Sound...
    but we're talking about metal slug X....
    i burned metal slug x as you said" 1st_read.bin, ip.bin, folder with various archives such as images and sound of neo4all, dummy file and metal slug /x converted...
    /but the lag continues"

Brigado pessoal, mas esse romrc nao funciona...
    Uma caixa aprece dizendo "RomRC not found" quando convertendo...
    ----->
    Thanks people, but this ROMRC doesnt work...
    A little box apears saying "RomRC not found"
    você pôs o romrc na mesma pasta onde está o convertneo.exe ? é preciso fazer isso ou não vai dar certo mesmo...
    outro erro que você pode ter acontece porque suas roms dentro do zip não batem com o que está listado dentro do romrc (mensagem "no valid romset found on source file"), verifique o que falta (normalmente arquivos com nomes diferentes, ou arquivos faltando). quando o conteudo do zip bater com o romrc vai dar tudo certo.

did you put romrc in the same folder as converteno.exe? if you don't do it, won't work...
    another error that you may have happens because your roms inside the zip file are not matching with wjat is listed inside romrc (message "no valid romset found on source file"), check what's missing (usually wrong rom names, or missing files). when the zip file content matches romrc listing it'll work fine.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Yeah, but... - Sim, mas....

Sim, mas como eu faco pra saber se as roms batem ou nao com o ROMRC?
    Tenho que abrir o ROMRC com o bloco de notas?e se nao baterem, o que eu faco...?

English:
    Yeah, but how do i know if the zip files is the same files of the ROMRC???
    Do I have to open with the notepad....?
    and...If its not the same file ?
    what i have to do??

Sim, mas como eu faco pra saber se as roms batem ou nao com o ROMRC?
    Tenho que abrir o ROMRC com o bloco de notas?e se nao baterem, o que eu faco...?
    sim, use o bloco de notas. se forem os nomes que estiverem diferentes, renomeie os arquivos pra que fiquem iguais, se estiver faltando algumas roms, fuçe a net...

English:
    Yeah, but how do i know if the zip files is the same files of the ROMRC???
    Do I have to open with the notepad....?
    and...If its not the same file ?
    what i have to do??
    yep, use notepad. if the rom names are not matching, rename it to match. if there's some roms missing, search in the web...

DCEmu Newbie

I'm having some trouble saving the decryped p-roms with Final Burn Evolution (or Alpha for that matter).
    When the game game is fully loaded up, I close it again. But the program only saves a decrypted p1-rom. If a game has more than one p-rom (p2,p3), the program won't save a decrypted copy.
    How do I decrypt the p-roms other than p1?

Quote Originally Posted by evilantal View Post
    I'm having some trouble saving the decryped p-roms with Final Burn Evolution (or Alpha for that matter).
    When the game game is fully loaded up, I close it again. But the program only saves a decrypted p1-rom. If a game has more than one p-rom (p2,p3), the program won't save a decrypted copy.
    How do I decrypt the p-roms other than p1?
    the decrypted data is a merged file (with p1, p2 and p3 included). split them in the correct size (i suggest you to use a hex editor to do it) to each file.

Thread Information