Thread: Nintendo DS firmware upgrade (FlashMe:) Released

Blog Entries

Default Nintendo DS firmware upgrade (FlashMe:) Released

This page is currently for beta testers only and might screw your DS. Please report any problems.

What is it?
    Currently it is a firmware patch that allow you to start from GBA cartridge without requiring a PassMe in the DS slot.
    To be more exact, it contains a small fail-safe program that can be activated by holding SELECT+START+A+B buttons at startup which starts from GBA cartridge without initializing the system. After the fail-safe check is done, some bigger program is loaded that initializes the system and checks for the gamecode "PASS" or title "DSbooter" on the GBA cartridge and automatically runs from there unless the SELECT button is pressed. In all other cases, it tries to load the original firmware.
    You can remove the patch again by running the update program again.

How do I get it?
    You need to register to download it. But first, flash getID.ds.gba on a GBA flashcard and boot it using PassMe or WifiMe.
    Follow the instructions on the display and note down the ID that is displayed and fill it in the registration form. It is not case-sensitive and these characters are the same: 1=I, 0=O, 8=B...
    Currently, you need to register for each DS you own. This might change later.

http://ds.gcdev.com/dsfirmware/

i don't get it...

so the only thing this upgrade does it let you start gba games directly? sorry if i misunderstood but if that is all that it does then it is a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by tidusuk123
    i don't get it...

so the only thing this upgrade does it let you start gba games directly? sorry if i misunderstood but if that is all that it does then it is a complete waste of time.
    It upgrades the BIOS so you can start DS games from a GBA flashcart without a passme being present.

Thread Information