Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSPBEEB: BBC Micro Emulator for PSP v1.0.8

hi there,

does this emu work on a psp running 3.10 oea?

it starts to work but then it says 'the game could not be started (80020148).

is anyone able to shed some light on this for me?

You have to put the fw1.5 directory content in the game150 folder of your psp, and it should just work fine.
    here is my blog !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoks rule
    The more you fail, the more you have a chance that it will work in the end.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help!

hi zx-81!

thanks for this awesome emulator!

The BBC was a special computer when I was a kid. I borrowed the PSP from a friend of mine. The PSP version is 2.00 and its a US version.

I have no clue regarding the process in details how to run the bbc emulator, I read the readme.txt

here is what I did. I copied the content of 2.x (pspbeeb folder) to the game folder of the PSP
    then I tried to run it in the PSP and it didnt work.
    I see the background pic of the bbc and when I click "X" the following message comes up "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted."

when I click "Select" or "Start" nothing happens.

if I click "the triangle" it gives me the following options: start, delete, and information" if i click start it wont work.

I wish it would work out-of-the-box but I might did something wrong somewhere.

I tried also to copy the 1.5x folder to the PSP but with no luck as well.

where I went wrong? or what are the steps to make it work.

thanks zx-81 !!! (I own zx-spectrum +2)

You need to be running a homebrew compatible firmware to run this or any other homebrew, ie 1.50 or a custom firmware.

If you do not wish to downgrade (probably best not to be messing with the PSP's internal memory where the firmware is stored if the PSP is not yours), then you can run this emulator through the Eloader on a firmware 2.0 PSP.

Follow the readme and you should be fine, you load the eloader via the photo section of the PSP's menu.

EDIT: Downgrading is an unofficial process that 'tricks' the PSP into allowing an older version of the firmware (for which there are known hacks to allow homebrew to run) to be installed. It is writing to the PSP's internal flash memory where the firmware is installed and as such carries a (very small so long as you know what you are doing) risk of bricking (corrupting something that is needed to boot the PSP and leaving it completely unusable).

The eloader for firmware 2.0 is stored on your memory stick and its effect is completely based in RAM (does not do anything permanent). Once you turn the PSP off completely and turn it back on it is unchanged in any way. You can run it on your friends PSP without worry.

DCEmu Newbie

thanks bah! it worked!

This is truly awesome! thanks guys
    I will buy a psp just for that!! great job zx-81!
    the speed was somewhat slightly slow but I didnt try skipping the frames, I will work on it, thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information