Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Games ‘n’ Music - New Mass Market Homebrew Device for Nintendo DS

is there a way to play full roms in it,or not, just a simple question, if not oh well
    Last edited by GreigaMan.EXE; February 5th, 2008 at 06:45.

DCEmu Rookie

One: What your'e asking is illegal here, go elsewhere to find your questions answered.

Two: The GnM card, while it has improved with dldi, isn't anywhere near that great even where homebrewing is concerned, I should know as I own one.

DCEmu Newbie

I don't understand why GnM gets such a bad rap. It has some shortcomings, but it works great for practically all homebrew apps when they are DLDI patched. Here are the FEW issues I've run into so far:

- Moonshell - DPG video playback is choppy, likely due to the card's slower read speed (ironically, the card's built-in d3v player works great. If it only had a seek bar....)

- Arcomage - only works when booted through DSOrganize.

- AmplituDS - Only works when the system clock is between 12:00am and 1:00am (I think).

- Overall loading of apps is a little slower.

- Pirated DS game roms don't work. (You really shouldn't be using the card for this anyway.)

Besides that, everything I've tried works great, including emulators and more intensive games like Quake DS. I'm sure it's not the best card out there, but for the price it's a great deal.

DCEmu Rookie

DSOrganize has a bug that cause it to consistently destroy data on my GnM.

Well DSOrganize 3.05 works fine on my GnM but the rest upwards freezes on Chishm loader...anyone else this happen too or is it just me...?

DCEmu Rookie

Not at all. I've had everything load fine for me. Well it DOEs happen, but that generally means that something's corrupted and the whole card's contents need replacing.

DCEmu Rookie

Patching DSO 3.05 with chishm's dldi v2 file, as i'd been using v1 so hopefully I'll have better luck.

Edit No joy, she's not -awanting to boot DSO now.
    Last edited by Jeric; February 6th, 2008 at 20:50.

What version works for you then,mine did this too..?

Would you like to try mine..?

DCEmu Rookie

Technicly speaking every version of DSO past 2.7 work with the v1 chishm dldi patch, the v2 patch apparently futzes with things booting directly from the GnM main menue. However as I've said before There's issues with me and Dso right now so I'm going to give dslinux a go, since if it works I could just load things up in vi and go from there.

As an aside, has anyone gotten moonshell to boot homebrew and or soft-reset from a GnM? If so I'd like to know how you managed it so I can start using moonshell as the default OS.

DCEmu Newbie

What has changed with GaM?I got a datel Max media dock,and it works great.Does the Games and music a slot 2 device also?

Thread Information