Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Games ‘n’ Music - New Mass Market Homebrew Device for Nintendo DS

Default Quake DS, no way, realy, i have no way

Quote Originally Posted by TechRat View Post
    Besides that, everything I've tried works great, including emulators and more intensive games like Quake DS.
    i would LUV to find out exactly what you did to get it to work on yours. what versions did you run, what files did you need, what version of those files, and what changes did you do to get it to run?
    yes, i am like 3 hours past fustrated trying every hint to a solution i could find and still not getting it to load.

BTW, with the access rate issues, what games have worked best on the GnM so far. the emunlators are great, not much needed for those old games, but what about newer games, or running thru an app like moonshell.
    i have been reading the forum daily just about for almost a 6 months. it never stops ammaizing me what this machine will do.

This is an odd request. Can anyone post an .iso of the disk that came with the Games n' Music? I wanted to use the video converter that came with it. Datel has a video converter on it's website, but it does not have any framrate options like the one that came with the disk does and the videos skip.

DCEmu Newbie

I made an image of it. Options are to post a link here or via email.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by zorcy View Post
    i would LUV to find out exactly what you did to get it to work on yours. what versions did you run, what files did you need, what version of those files, and what changes did you do to get it to run?
    yes, i am like 3 hours past fustrated trying every hint to a solution i could find and still not getting it to load.

BTW, with the access rate issues, what games have worked best on the GnM so far. the emunlators are great, not much needed for those old games, but what about newer games, or running thru an app like moonshell.
    i have been reading the forum daily just about for almost a 6 months. it never stops ammaizing me what this machine will do.
    I always stay updated will the latest versions of applications, I use version 1 of the DLDI patch (version 2 has very low compatibility), and I patch my apps with this tool: http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI...-win32-gui.zip

Keep in mind that GnM will NOT run commercial DS game roms, so don't even try.

All applications run great without any slowdown. They just take a little longer to load initially. It's no worse than waiting for a level in a playstation 2 game to load. Once they load they're fine, and I've tried almost all of the popular apps with the exception of the Quake 2 port (I don't have a RAM expansion). Some apps require files to be in specific places on the card. Most apps have a README file in their zip file with details. If all else fails, put all of the app's files in the root of the card.

Moonshell works, but the video playback is choppy so I tend not to use it much. There's a new app called DSVideo that looks very promising however. I still prefer d3v for overall quality and smoothness, but there's no way to seek in the videos.

I hope this helps. If there's a specific app you want info about let me know and I'll try to help you out.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm using v1 of the GnM DLDI patch, some possible compatibility issues:

The Hexen port crashes almost immediatly

The Insaniquarium port crashes relatively soon after you have 10 fish

Tales of Dagur crashes within the first few minutes

Most of the other homebrew that actually will load up and run will work without problems, but Puzzle Maniak has crashed randomly on me a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by raynebc View Post
    I'm using v1 of the GnM DLDI patch, some possible compatibility issues:

The Hexen port crashes almost immediatly

The Insaniquarium port crashes relatively soon after you have 10 fish

Tales of Dagur crashes within the first few minutes

Most of the other homebrew that actually will load up and run will work without problems, but Puzzle Maniak has crashed randomly on me a few times.
    those are old programs that don't support DLDI. It's not the GnM's fault.
    I don't go on here much anymore. Find me on GBAtemp.

DCEmu Newbie

For Emulators I suggest:
    Jenesis (Sega Genesis)
    Lameboy (Gameboy)
    DSMaster (Game Gear & Master System)

This site has alot of helpful things also:
    http://dl.qj.net/DSBoy-v0.5-Nintendo...4697/catid/228

Did you notice walmart has the GnM on clearance, $19,

DCEmu Newbie

Well worth the price, I'm enjoying mine very much.

DCEmu Newbie

I was putting some mp3 songs on my games n music and it only let me put like 6 songs and it said folder full how do I put more songs do I need a bigger card
    Thanks

Thread Information