Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Games ‘n’ Music - New Mass Market Homebrew Device for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Pro

You must have more then just that on the card. Remember the stock card is 128mb,which can get used relatively quickly especially with audio and video.
    A new MicroSD card is a good idea, but there have been some compatibility problems. The only one I can attest to working is a 1GB Sandisk. I'm sure there are others, but just be aware that a lot of bigger cards won't even work.

DCEmu Newbie

thanks for the info I got the scandisk 2gb card and dsmaster emulator stopped working but thats ok because the snes and genesis one work great and now I have more room for games and so far put about 60 songs.

DCEmu Pro

Wow, thats good to know.
    Could you check if the reason DSMaster might have stopped working is perhaps you dldi patched it with V2 of the GnM dldi? It just seems weird that that would happen.
    Thanks for the info.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    Wow, thats good to know.
    Could you check if the reason DSMaster might have stopped working is perhaps you dldi patched it with V2 of the GnM dldi? It just seems weird that that would happen.
    Thanks for the info.
    Man you hit it right on the money I did have the v2 so I patched the other gnm didi and now it works thanks

DCEmu Pro

Cool, glad that was it.

DCEmu Newbie

From my brief experience with the GnM, got my DS in mid-November and the GnM the same day but I stopped using the GnM in early December, I had MUCH better luck with the v1 DLDI patch either using the shipped 128MB uSD OR a 2GB Kingston Japan uSD.

Other than that, the GnM is really only useful as a stop-gap-I-can-get-it-locally-and-fast-and-relatively-cheaply(c. $20)-mesure. Pretty much any other decent slot-1 DS flash cart will be MUCH more worth your while as they will be MUCH more compatible with homebrew. e.g. dslinux recent builds of a useful nature never worked for me on the GnM, and a few other apps that I wanted also failed to run with either DLDI patch. I was MUCH happier with my Cyclo DS Evolution and Supercard DS One SDHC(caveat browsers fail to work on dslinux when run from an SCDS1).

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread Information