Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Games ‘n’ Music - New Mass Market Homebrew Device for Nintendo DS

DCEmu Newbie

Oh right yeah, forgot about that. You sure they weren't imports?

DCEmu Newbie

I have just had a email from Datel now asking for the serial numbers of the cards and from what I can see on them they both say Japan. At least they seem to be interested at getting to the bottom of the problem. Just hope they can come up with something.

DCEmu Newbie

They've told me they're going to do some tests and get back to me. Anyone know a 1GB or 2GB microSD that works with Games n Music?

DCEmu Newbie

I have no mail from Datel today, maybe they are getting bombarded now with Mails about GnM and not being able to put bigger cards in it. I may cut and run and order the M3 card.

BTW I have not tried to put another smaller card in it yet.

DCEmu Newbie

My local dealer has said when he gets a 1GB card in I can test it before I buy it to check it works. Should be able to feed back by Saturday.

I asked Datel if they cuold recommend a card that definitely worked with G n M. They said Kingston was the only one they were aware of that didn't work, but didn't go so far as to name one that did.

I saw on a forum last night, can't remember where, that Datel were going to release the G n M source code so it could be added to DLDI, but then they hadn't got round to sending it. Promising if true.

I've got a DS-X as well, so I'm going to stick with G n M for now as the video is so good on it.

DCEmu Newbie

you lost me there .. The G n M is my first adventure into homebrew so DLDI went straight over the top of head. I just want something out of the packet and to work. So far I have managed to put small video files on the GnM of my Grandkids just to amaze them, but would like to back up some of my DVDs to take with us on holiday but that looks ike it will have to wait till i get some answers.

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone found anything that works for this yet? All i can get to work on it is the MP3 player and the games that were on the CD that came with it. None of the roms or even moonshell and other OSs seem to work on it.

EDIT: The 3 programs im really looking for are internet, AAC player, and AIM

DCEmu Newbie

I have managed to download a few more roms that work without problems, I have also downloaded a few that do not work so it seems hit and miss so far, I wanted Doom and Quake but so far I have not been able to get them to work, The shell of Doom loads up but cannot find the wad file that I also downloaded from the official site (Demo
    ) even though I have put them all in the same folder.
    As for the programmes that you mention I've not tried them.

DCEmu Newbie

The DLDI is all about the Games n Music being able to read from files and write to them. So if there are extra files needed for the NDS to run, it won't work - at the moment (this is why your Doom and Quake wouldn't work). I'm sure this will change. Datel could release the information about the GnM to the homebrewers that would enable them to support the file system.

So you can run (most) homebrew that doesn't need to read or write from a file. The only way to know whether each game/app will work is to try it though! Weirdly, not all the ones on the supplied disk worked for me! But tons of others I've downloaded have, including my own [plug] Penguin football http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64752 [/plug]

Avisamo, I wonder whether different DS firmware makes a difference. It's weird that nothing's working on yours.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi
    Downloaded your Penguin football and it works a treat, excellent little programme. My first try I got 26 points so as you can see I will have to try a lot harder, the lads at work will have fun playing that one.

Heard from Datel today asking If I would send the cards and unit for them to test, so thats good of them and they said they would replace with cards that they use and the unit if they found it to be faulty.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information