Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Games ‘n’ Music - New Mass Market Homebrew Device for Nintendo DS

Blog Entries

NDS Games ‘n’ Music - New Mass Market Homebrew Device for Nintendo DS

Datel have finally released their Games ‘n’ Music DS Card thats the first Nintendo DS Homebrew Supporting Cartridge thats under Ŗ20 and comes with a 128mb Micro SD Memory Card and also a CD of the best in Nintendo DS Homebrew, some games included are Bingo games which are extremely popular these days, Heart Bingo is a good online example of a Bingo game.

Heres the full info:
    Home brew games and music on the move with your DS!

With Games ‘n’ Music, you can put your Nintendo DS or DS Lite at the centre of your digital lifestyle. You can use it to launch home brew games written for the DS and readily available on the internet, listen to your happening sounds with the device’s integrated MP3 player or even watch videos. And you don’t need to modify your console to use it…

Games ‘n’ Music comes with a 128MB Micro SD card for you to store your games and data, and if that’s not enough, just slip in a new card and expand its capacity to up to 2GB. It’s really easy to use too. Just fit the Micro SD card into the USB adapter (supplied), plug it into your computer and drag and drop your files onto the card. It’s that easy!

Games ‘n’ Music contains everything you need straight out of the box. It even comes bundled with a 25-game CD, offering some of the best games the DS home brew scene has to offer, as well as a video conversion program for your PC (Windows XP or later required) to convert your movies and video clips to a format you can play back with Games ‘n’ Music. It’s the ultimate in digital entertainment!

As a webmaster of one of the biggest DS Homebrew websites on the net im pleased to see that companys are taking an effort into introducing DS Homebrew to the mainstream with a cheap device bundled with games and memory card.

HOT News

Today has also seen the release of a new Homebrew Launcher for the Wii pack from Datel, full details HERE

DCEmu Rookie

I hope they got permission to use the homebrew apps they put on CD

DCEmu Newbie

This could prove popular - I guess someone better start writing a DLDI patch for it now

DCEmu Rookie

lol i read up on this, its been recalled once already in usa, apperently one of the games on there, doublons i think it was, had 'inappropriate' images on it.

DCEmu Regular

include a 128 mb sd?. Why not just NOT include an sd and lower the price and let people decide for themselves. Who would want such a puny sd? Straight to the trashcan I tells ya'.

I ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by royvedas View Post
    include a 128 mb sd?. Why not just NOT include an sd and lower the price and let people decide for themselves. Who would want such a puny sd? Straight to the trashcan I tells ya'.
    for those people cant afford an sdcard, and besides it is way cheap and also its upgradable to 2GB memory, its pretty reasonable , am i right?

oh yeah? next time make sure you double post....
    and welcome to the forum nibbles27

Default Can Datel make up for the Mistake that was Max Media Dock?

Hopefully Datel has got their act together with this slot-1 card. I should be getting my R4 later this week, but ill be watching reviews of this card to see how it works, and if i can convince my friends without cards that all it takes is a trip to wal-mart.

When i first got my ds lite this last September, i went straight over to gamestop and got a Datel Max Media Dock. very few homebrew games worked, and the ones that did had to have the clock set to 0:00. not many dumps worked with the Max Overload tool either, and on the box it even said it supported .gba homebrew, which is an outright lie. and also, the usb dongle that came with it didnt work with my computer, so i had to physically take out the CF card (which required taking out a screw!) and plug it into a card reader each time. but the thing that sucked the most was how big it is.

i ended up returning it after 2 days, which was before the DLDI support for it came out, so i dont know how well homebrew works on it now.

And somebody mentioned earlier about piracy and everything. I can tell you the state of my Datel Max Media Dock when i got it. it came with a crappy cd with an outdated version of moonshell on it. the cd itself said that it was an outdated version and you should download the new version. dumps didnt work on it, so technically this is a form of protection against piracy, but there is a patcher available with not very good compatibility.

SO! dumps probably wont work on this card until a patcher is made. but who knows. somebody should write a review, please , thanks.

DCEmu Pro

The Games and Music doesn't support DS Roms(as of now) "out of the box" , so it's not a very good pirating tool, and by "not very good" I mean not at all. Until this thing gets DLDI support, I'll stick with my clunky but lovable MMD.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information