Thread: Resident Evil Outbreak server terminated

Blog Entries

ps2 Resident Evil Outbreak server terminated

Capcom will shut down the online servers for PS2 game Resident Evil Outbreak: File#2 at the end of March. The closure affects both the original and the sequel of Capcom's online zombie fest.

A statement from the company reads: "Capcom regretfully announces that the server for our PlayStation 2 online game Resident Evil Outbreak: File#2 will be closing at the end of March 2007.

"Since Resident Evil Outbreak File#2 was released in August 2005 , Capcom has provided a server enabling consumers to experience the online element of this game free of charge.

"Regretfully, conditions now dictate that we must close down this server effective from March 31, 2007. Naturally it will still be possible to play the game offline, but the online component will no longer be available.

"We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those who have been loyal members of the RE Outbreak community for the past months."

Since the game was released in 2005, we doubt many of you will care. But if you're a hardcore Resi fan, voice your outrage below.

via cvg

That's really sad

Thumbs down $#@!.

dude, I played that for 550 hours of play-time! and it only counts when your in-game.. i played the End of the Road level 110 times (not joking), showdown 1 = 300 times (I hate that level, played it for points) elimination 3 = 100 or something times.. elimination 1 = 120 times.. I'm HumanIce, if someone played it.. its weird that everyone seem to ignore this topic, but its the best online game, I've EVER played.. IN MY LIFE. walking around with other players in raccoon city is fun. (and only about 2 stages where you are in the city, and outside..) but its a cool game.. and now its offline.. if you read my sig, you can see its my most played online game..

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Since the game was released in 2005, we doubt many of you will care. But if you're a hardcore Resi fan, voice your outrage below.
    I'm not an hardcore RE fan, I play the resident evil games, and have most of them, but its not like I liked resident evil 0 and remake, they were crap to me.. also kinda resident evil 4..
    but you doubt someone will care?, many people on capcom europe forum were pissed off, and specially the dude LIFTY. and some guy actually hacked the USA capcom forum, like writing some bull$#@! and "ssshhh***t" on top of the forum the day outbreak got closed..
    but for you to think not many will care because no one fu**ing bought the game! because it got 6.6 from gamespot! the game was awesome, most of the players that came, never went out. like me, I played the game offline for 5 minutes and I gave up, then I tested it online, and I didn't stop untill after 1 and a half year. but then they closed it.. and well.. o_o ..now its just time to play some brawl, and need to wait for 1 year, and having nothing to do then pick up some damn MGS online while waiting witch is an awful online game..

<< yes, this is a JPG file

+

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    That's really sad
    YOU. HAVEN'T. EVEN. PLAYED IT.

Thread Information