Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide:THEME_plugin.RCO files and functions

Default Guide:THEME_plugin.RCO files and functions

Hello Everyone,

This is for explanatory purposes only, so you can have an idea of what each plugin.RCO file does, before you go messing anything up while applying the now popular and very acclaimed PSP theme-packs . This list will be updated.

To achieve succesfull PSP theme customization, your must meet the following manual actions:

- Installation of any of the 3.03 OE custom firmwares (prefferably OE-C)

- Compression of flash0 memory files via Flash Agent F5 homebrew application. Get it here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...ht=Flash+Agent

- Replacement of flash0 components via RECOVERY MENU ADVANCED USB MODE*
    *I will not be held responsible for your own Bricking/Disabling of your PSP...so go search.

The following files comprise everything you see in the PSP's Main Interface Menu or as Scene Veterans would rather call it, the XMB. These files should only go under the following directory in the PSP's FLASH MEMORY:

(FLASH0) f0:\\vsh\resource\

***THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR ANY 3.10 OE CUSTOM FIRMWARES***

--- Filename - (Description) - Original SONY file Appearance & Screen Location ---

- topmenu_plugin.rco (Menu Icons) - Icons in the XMB menu, including the submenu, that you switch around to view your PSP's different features.

- system_plugin_bg.rco (Wave & Effect) - Usually Animated on Mid-Screen

- system_plugin_fg.rco (Battery status Icon & Loading Circle) - Top right and Bottom right of PSP screen.

- impose_plugin.rco (Volume Bars) - Activated with Volume Buttons at screen bottom

- systemconf_plugin.rco (System Settings Text & Graphics) - As the name implies, this controls everything you see under system settings in your XMB, including the USB loading animation, cursors & text. A very hard one to customize without messing up anything else.

- system_plugin.rco (XMB Click sound) - Can be heard while moving around the XMB

- opening_plugin.rco (Opening OR Coldboot Logo & Sound) - Logo & Initial Chime that plays when "SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT" text is
    displayed. Also controls The "PSP" debranded LOGO from showing simultaneously with gameboot.pmf

- gameboot.pmf (Short Movie Intro) - Not an .RCO file, but a .PMF (Portable Media File) that usually lasts almost 2 full seconds before loading a game. This movie can be easily exchanged for a custom one. Many can be found around the internet...Just Google.

- photo_plugin.rco (PHOTO directory loading Icons) - Will display under PHOTO momentarily, while loading images

- game_plugin.rco (GAME directory loading Icons) - Will display under GAME momentarily, while loading images

- savedata_plugin.rco (SAVEDATA directory loading Icons) - Will display under SAVEDATA momentarily, while loading images

- music_main_plugin.rco (MUSIC menu tab) - Controls tab displayed under MUSIC menu

- 01-12.bmp (Still Background image) - Even though this is not an .rco file I find it worth of mentioning because it can also be customized to your liking. Resolutions that work for this bitmap image are:

- 60 X 34 (color gradients work best - can be merged to form 12 different backgrounds)
    - 250 X 142
    - 240 X 171 {These 3 middle resolutions are resized versions of the full 480 X 272, used for flash space saving purposes}
    - 300 X 170
    - 480 X 272 (highest resolution)

- premo_plugin.rco (Remote Play Menu tab) This one is for the Remote Play Menu, and how it operates.

--- STILL DON'T KNOW ABOUT THESE (PLEASE POST YOUR FINDINGS) ---

-

-

-

-

...and many more.

--- ISSUES I HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN MY OWN 3.03 OE-C ---

- At one time, a custom opening_plugin.rco work fine at coldboot, but PopStation games failed to load correctly, and I would end up with an empty XMB displaying only the 01-12.bmp and the Wave. This might have been due however to having a lower Firmware file than 3.03 boarded onto the flash memory. Thanks to YKB!

--- FOR SOME OF THE BEST CUSTOM XMB FILES VISIT: ---

http://www.pspculture.co.uk/

This guide is useful to see.

Thanks!

I just realized there's quite a handful many questions about this subject already, and decided something like this would help people.

I'll keep it simple and update it as much as I can.

I have checked what the music_main_plugin.rco file does: it controls the menu in the Music tab. If this file isn't present, the PSP will crash if you attempt to access the menu Music tab to play audio.

As for the premo_plugin.rco, I don't know extactly what this does but if this file isn't on the NAND flash, the PSP will crash at the point the XMB would begin to appear from cold boot.

premo_plugin.rco is for remote play and how it operates.

Updated... Thanks to hodgy47.

Anyone else agree this ought to be a sticky?

Quote Originally Posted by Apoklepz View Post
    --- ISSUES I HAVE ENCOUNTERED IN MY OWN 3.03 OE-C ---

- Custom opening_plugin.rco work fine at coldboot, but PopStation games fail to load correctly, and I end up with an empty XMB displaying only the 01-12.bmp and the Wave. Anybody else encountered this problem?

Do you have a custom font if you do this could be the cause of pops not working as custom fonts are noted for causing pops to break, Re-installing the original font did not cure my problem either i had to run recovery, someone else may know a better solution.

If you have used an opening_plugin.rco file from a firmware lower than 3.00, that will be the culprit which is causing the PSX emulator not to work. Flash the original one back and the problem should be fixed.

Yeah, im running 3.03 Oe-c with custom font.

PSX's work great.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information