Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is there still life out there?

Sorry Shrygue! Dont think I ignored you, I just forgot to log back on haha. Life for me these days is boring, no more PSP homebrew scene, no more coding... I miss the old days.

Same here, in fact I barely log on these days as I'm busy with work and when I come home most days I crash out straight to bed. As for homebrew, I'd like more on the PS3 but the problem I have is my one is at firmware version 4.53 and so can't downgrade without buying hardware to access the NAND flash memory. I do have another machine income that I scored off ebay back last Friday - £120 for 60GB launch model, HK HTSC-J region with firmware 3.01 and yellow dog Linux (otherOS function before Sony pulled it on v3.21).

Blog Entries

it is unfortunate that people do move on, we get old we have $#@! in real life to deal with etc etc yes i keep meaning to be on here, even was going to a launch a new gaming site at one point to start afresh.
    But hey its still get hits so can't be all bad now.
    Do me a favor plug me into a sega.

To be this good takes ages, to be this good takes sega.

It's thinking.

Ok I said it, now pay me!
    http://www.thejoypad.net
    Twitter page

I am a new member and I have read previous threads/topics and I have noticed that people are no longer that active in posting new info or comments to posts. It is saddening because there are lots of things I have recently learned thanks to this site. So hopefully old members would be active and start posting again.

Haven't been here in years, but today, I felt the urge to come back and see how everyone is doing. I doubt anyone here really knows me anyway. When I look back at some of the posts I made here, I think to myself, "Did I really say that??". Meh, it is what it is.

It seems like the majority, if not all, forums emu related have been slowly dying off. These days, my interest in AAA games has dropped to an all time low, working a full time IT career, and coding independent games take up all of my spare time (assuming I can even focus). No forum lasts forever I guess, and going the way of Rouran is just a matter of time.

Much has happened since 2008 (the last time I was here). I left Indiana (and never looked back) in 2009, moved back to my home state of Washington, lived in a hostel with some interesting and knowledgable people and one addicted to pills, saved a guy's life from suffocation when he ODed because the guy addicted to pills gave him the $#@! drug and some other pills (not kidding), lived with my sister in Puyallup for a while, had some mediocre game testing jobs worked at Microsoft as a contractor in 2010 with s**tty pay, moved back to Seattle, got laid off and ended up homeless because I couldn't find a new job, lived in transitional housing for 2 years, found out that I have anxiety issues and *might* have ADD which caused me to qualify for a very cheap apartment in downtown Seattle (currently $200/mo), got a good job working for an embedded software company working primarily on Blackberry QNX devices, and now I'm doing good working at Amazon as an SDET. It was a rough 5 years, but for all the patience I've gained and BS I had to endure, it was worth it. Good career, minimal expenses, and I can save like $1200/mo towards my savings.

Most importantly, I've had alot of time to mature between then and now. Sometimes, I wish I could go back to the early days (like 2001) and do it all over again. I've discovered techniques to keep my brain focused and motivated. My life is busy, but for good reasons. Emu coding is minimal, but game coding has increased exponentially. Hope to have my game finished soon.

Shogun.

you have led an interesting life.
    true it is not the best at first but now it seems to me like you have made the best of yourself.
    I hope you'd finish your game soon and let us know about it.
    Maybe I'll buy a copy of it

Hello all.

Default Hmm.

It seems like quite a few oldbys are still around aswell,. Id love to see this community spark to life again ._ It would be great if some software genius exploited the ps4 or something ._ Ahh the good old days

Yeah the fun would begin again if it did happen. I've yet to buy the PS4 as 1) I've no money yet and 2) not enough games that appeal to me to compel buying one yet. The PS3 hasn't lost any love from me, I've still got tons of still to get through.

Im waiting for a ps4 price drop myself..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information