Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wipeout PS1 comes to PSP

Blog Entries

psp Wipeout PS1 comes to PSP

Yet again Sony has released a downloadable game on the PlayStation Store that is already available in a better form on PSP. The original Wipeout from the days of PS1 has landed in downloadble form on Sony's PS3 market. I'm sure for hardcore Wipeout fans this is exciting and more playable games for PSP is never a bad thing, but why can't Sony focus on games that aren't already available on PSP and give us some downloadable games worth getting excited about? I'm sitting with my hands outstretched and they have money in them. Sony can take that money as soon as they give me some games I want to download and enjoy on my PSP.

via pspfanboy

Yawn, I can play ANY PSX game on my PSP. Hear that Sony?

Why does this "pspfanboy" guy even bother with paying for PS1 games on the PSP when a custom firmware allows for people to just convert their CD PS1 game into a fully playable PSP games in a heartbeat?

Who knows?
    The only reason I could think of doing it, is if the eboot(or files) were a lot smaller than ones made using your own games.

DCEmu Newbie

because maybe he isnt a hypocritical douche bag who claims that PSP game iso loading is a bad thing but ps1 iso loading is perfectly fine?

make up your minds. and dont try to tell me you own all the ps1 games you are playing. b/c someone could own all the psp isos they are loading.

DCEmu Legend

Well lets forget entirely about the fact that with custom firmware we can already play this and many other games.

The main gripe I have is what could be possibly better than Wipeout Pure? If you want a Wipeout game, PURE is the best.

If SONY wants their "Playstation Store" to be a success, they really need to stop trickling out these games and hit people with some of the phenomenal games for PS1 that you can't get on the PSP.

Owell, the more SONY does stuff like this, the better homebrew looks as an alternative.

This would've been more accepted if it was released before pops was released (like Breath of Fire III). Not alot of psp owner's are going to get this, that's for sure.

DCEmu Regular

I remember reading last year about the psp is going to have a psx emulator in a update and ya can download psx games, i was at 1.5 then and was thinking if thats any good then ima update but then custom firmware 2.71 SE came and so on and so on and it hasnt stopped, sonys updates use 2be exciting at first but with custom firmware that excitement is most damn weeks lol allways something new, sony should allow customising the psp xmb fonts etc in a update like downloadable xmb styles that u could install from the game part like demo`s or updates load but yea custom firmware rulez!!!!

EDIT: or better still: downloadable psx games from a psp not the ps3 because there conning baztards if u ask me

Don't be an assumptuous $#@!head, punkypine. That's like complaining about people not owning SNES cartridges, but owning SNES ROMs for more than 24 hours, anyway. The thing is, I actually do own the cartridges (mostly) of the SNES ROMs I have, and I extract PS1 ISOs from the discs that I own. Actually, I USED to do that. I don't even use the PS1 emulator anymore. I suddenly realized that there aren't any PS1 games that I've ever actually played and liked.

It'd be nice if Sony would've made the PS1 games always use the analog stick, not the D-Pad. The D-Pad can't go in diagonal angles, yet only one setting (for the Hot Shots Golf emulator thing anyway) allows for the use of the analog stick. I had the worst time playing Medal of Honor on the PSP, just because the setting that uses the analog stick to act as the D-Pad made the R/L buttons all crazy. Customizable controls would be nice.

scuse me but you cant play wipe out with the psx emulator on the psp, the game freze after 10 segond of play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information