Thread: Mvspsp 2.06

Default Mvspsp 2.06

Ok, I recently downloaded MVSPSP 2.06, I follow all the instruction and stuff, but whenever I try to open the file on my PSP, it says "Game cannot be started" and it gives me a number. Can anyone tell me how to properly install the emulator? I am using version 1.5 PSP and currently have the 1.6 version of MVSPSP. Thanks. :thumbup:

NJ started making the assumption that everyone would be using custom firmware, and that distributing as a 1.50 (kxploit) executable package was unnessecary.

In other words: you need to kxploit the eboot before you can use it on 1.50. It's quite easy to do this by hand, but you're probably going to want a program that does it for you. If you're on Windows, PSPBrew is usually the program that people mention as being the soft of choice. On Mac, I use a script I wrote that automates the process of using ps2dev's pbp-unpack and pbp-pack.

Alternatively, you can download homebrew software that temporarilly (until the power is turned off) patches your 1.50 system so that it can natively run non-kxploited eboots (otherwise known as 1.00 eboots), such as the one distributed with MVSPSP 2.0.6. I downloaded it so long ago, I can't remember where I got it from, but I always keep the NOKXPLOIT program on my PSP in case I ever need to run a 1.00 eboot without access to my computer.

Many thanks for the help, bud. I greatly appreciate it. :thumbup:

I tried playing KOF97 Plus, but it doesn't show in the emulator. How do I play this game? It's a MAME plus game, but I don't get how to play MAME plus games...a little help, please?

Hmmm... Well, seeing as how I've never heard of "KOF97 Plus", I naturally don't own it and can't test it out.

The only thing I can think of is that you say it's a "MAME plus" game. I'm really not familiar with that, but if it's a non-standard version of MAME, then you're probably out of luck, since NJ's arcade emulators only work with MAME compatible roms (since they're essentially paired down and optomized ports of MAME)

The gamelist txt file says this game is available for the neogeo emulator. The only thing I want to know is how to play it. I use the converter tool to convert this room to be playable on the PSP, but it does not show in the rom folder after I go to MVSPSP on my PSP.

Thread Information