Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NDS - SNEmulDS v0.4 Final released

Default NDS - SNEmulDS v0.4 Final released

New release of Archeide's SNES emulator for the DS:

This release contains various bug fixes, which should improve games compatibility and stability. Some minor features have also been added like options saved in save states, background Layer selector, and hinge support.
    Here is a list of changes:

* Fixed ROM paging, this should improve stability of large ROMs (especillay DKC2)
    * Some CPU instructions were bugged because of the way SNEmulDS write in I/O ports, this should also improve stability (ie Crash before first boss in Zelda)
    * Fixed a bug that made Chrono Trigger freeze during battles
    * Changed the way emulator detect blank screen (Street Fighter Turbo, RTYPE3, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest now works)
    * Fixed some bugs with SRAM memory, which unlock most ROM protections (Uniracer, Bust-a-move, … now boot)
    * Now sound core doesn’t randomly crash when using line by line engine
    * Better reset of sound core, some games now run correctly when they are launched after another game (ie Super Bomberman >2)
    * Save states also save options
    * Added background layer selector. You can again enable/disable backgrounds.
    * Added hinge support. If you close you DS, emulation is stopped and SRAM is saved.
    * SRAM is now automatically saved before loading another ROM

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

sweet nice update!!Keep improving smelDS and it'll be awesome!One day it'll be 100% complete

DCEmu Rookie

A compadability list for this would be awesome. Also, I'm a bit new to this, and have a saving question: I use Supercard lite, do I have to use QPC saving with this?

DCEmu Newbie

Well Chrono trigger won't freeze when you battle(yays!)But it still goes freaky with the text boxes,if that could be fixed,CT would be perfect to play.But the battle playability is a amazing jump for SmelDS!Great job!Anouther piece of the puzzle has been set in place.

Also Earthbound runs almost 100%(the text boxes are behind objects as always).But I noticed Ness walks faster.And Worms shows the text boxes if you mess around with the options.

So ya thats what I've learned with this update so far.Awesome man,keep working on it!!!

skipboris, check out http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulD...atibility_List

I just finished creating the newest chart and adding about 5 games to it, but there are still tons more games to try. You can look at the older charts though for a rough idea. All three DKC games surely work fine now, though I've only officially tested the first one. I briefly tried DKC2 and was glad to see that it got fixed in this new version. Haven't tried DKC3 yet, but it was working very well in the beta version.

Archeide has said that he's going to try to get the line-by-line engine working better for the next version, which should help Chrono Trigger greatly.

DCEmu Newbie

Hows Punchout now? I was able to play the game perfectly, save for the fact that the graphics were scrambled on the fighters.

I'll have to dig it up and give it another go, this would make my DS complete

DCEmu Newbie

does anybody know how i can play this on my g6 lite? i can play the last release but this one i can t do anything with.
    excuse my ignorance, this is an excellent emulator, i d love to get the update working - thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poohead View Post
    does anybody know how i can play this on my g6 lite? i can play the last release but this one i can t do anything with.
    excuse my ignorance, this is an excellent emulator, i d love to get the update working - thanks
    DLDI patch the file, instructions on how are stickied at the top of the ds news forum.

It's fantastic to see this continuing to get better and better

DCEmu Newbie

I should be getting my M3 Simply in the mail today (USPS tracking sucks), & I can't wait to try this out!

Nice list of features! Glad to see that improvements were possibe.

Will try later once my DS recharges...

Mikaa

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information