Poll: Will you be interested?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Poll] Earn products for posting reviews on DCEmu Reviews? *UPDATE*

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Reviews [Poll] Earn products for posting reviews on DCEmu Reviews? *UPDATE*

So I have been thinking of ways of unloading accessories that I have accumulated for review (a BIG thank you goes out to our affiliates, we wouldnt be where we are without your support!) to make room so that we may bring more reviews to our users but at the same time, make it enjoyable for everyone. Originally, we had a raffle but not many people were interested in it whether its due to financial obligations or the prize(s) only had a limited selection and no one had a need for it.

This is what we had in mind. To help bring in user submitted reviews to the site (since we dont have much), we were thinking of setting up a system of some sort where each review that you post is worth 1 point. It can be accessories, hardware or games that you have purchased or products you have received from us! As you post reviews and build up points, you become eligible for products.

For example, post 5 reviews and you are eligible for an item within that points range. Interested in something from the 10 or 15 points range? Just post more reviews. Once you acquire enough points/reviews, just request a product from the list of available products and we'll send it. Once you qualify for a product and you request it, your points will start all over (0) and you would have to build up your points again if you want another product.

Obviously, you can not just post a review that is 3 or so paragraphs long. The reviews must be helpful and/or detailed...so no cheating. Any reviews that do not meet the requirements will not be eligible for the point.

As for shipping products to you, we would have to think of a way where it would cost you nothing but at the same time, would not cost us anything as well. Some ideas and suggestions would be donations on our homepage (can be any amount via PayPal) or ordering from one of our many affiliates . Of course, if we are unable to cover the costs of shipping, we will have to find another way. I have an idea in mind but would like to avoid that option if possible.

Now, all this is still in the process of being worked on and thought out completely. If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to post your thoughts. We would like to hear what you have to say.

*UPDATE*
    A nice question was brought to my attention from another site.

What happens if someone posts a review trying to earn points to qualify for item that they are only interested in and someone beats them to it?

Good question. I didnt think of that.

But with that running through my head, what about a voting on the review(s) that people post? So at the end of the deadline (whenever that may be), I will set up a poll, with all the names of reviewers and everyone will vote for their favorite reviewer based on how detailed and helpful their reviews were. The person with the most votes wins. There may be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place but we'll have to see how many people posts reviews. So what do you think?

Poll via comments
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

do the reviews have to be of new games? i have done 5 for splodger 15's site but one of them is for call of duty 2 (that is the oldest one). i was thinking of posting them here so this is a good incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by gdf View Post
    do the reviews have to be of new games? i have done 5 for splodger 15's site but one of them is for call of duty 2 (that is the oldest one). i was thinking of posting them here so this is a good incentive.
    No, they do not have to be new games but of current gen games such as PS2, Xbox, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, Xbox 360.

As this is a way of me clearing what I have accumulated, I dont know how long this program/deal will go for. Number of reviews can vary. 5 reviews was just an example. As stated, this is being though out and in the planning stages. We may offer a "beta" or "trial" run of this and see how this goes. Our main concern is shipping.

We would like to encourage users to post reviews regardless if an incentive is offered or not.

lol, dont want people randomly posting reviews of Super Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt

Good idea

what about PC games ? like Warcraft 3 ... Red alert ... savage ... The sims ... Sim city ... World of warcraft and things like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tree View Post
    what about PC games ? like Warcraft 3 ... Red alert ... savage ... The sims ... Sim city ... World of warcraft and things like that?
    I personally dont focus on PC. The site isnt focused on PC games. I may have to think about PC.

still won't let me in...could i just pm them to you or should i wait?

Quote Originally Posted by gdf View Post
    still won't let me in...could i just pm them to you or should i wait?
    Just wait. I'm having an admin fix the problem. Sorry for the problem.

See the first post for an update!

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    What happens if someone posts a review trying to earn points to qualify for item that they are only interested in and someone beats them to it?

Good question. I didnt think of that.

But with that running through my head, what about a voting on the review(s) that people post? So at the end of the deadline (whenever that may be), I will set up a poll, with all the names of reviewers and everyone will vote for their favorite reviewer based on how detailed and helpful their reviews were. The person with the most votes wins. There may be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place but we'll have to see how many people posts reviews. So what do you think?

Poll via comments
    i think we should have a number of games and the first person to say he wants to review it gets a number of days to complete it by and also while he says he wants to review it he also put what game etc he wants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information