Thread: God of War dev's PSP project exposed

Blog Entries

psp God of War dev's PSP project exposed

David Jaffe, the action-brain behind God of War, has spilt some enticing info-beans about the ill-fated PSP project he was working on last year, though as challenging and interesting as it sounds, it's now consigned to development purgatory.

"Heartland was the story of China invading America," David Jaffe explains in an interview with Entertainment Weekly, "where you played a soldier debating whether to stay and fight for America or go AWOL to meet up with your family".

"We were trying to put in a lot of gameplay that would evoke emotion," Jaffe continues, "[there were] sequences where you'd go into homes and your commanding officer would tell you to shoot innocent Chinese-Americans".

Sometime ago on his personal blog, Jaffe spoke of wanting "to make gamers cry" with his project, but he also had deeper hopes for Heartland - "It was very dark and was meant to cause players to consider what it's like to live in America and be an American today".

But it wasn't to be, and with Jaffe unwilling to desert his family for "90% of the time" in order to commit to developing the game, the project was dropped. Though Jaffe says that talking about Heartland makes him quite sad that it'll never see the light of day. Perhaps he'll rethink once God of War III has been polished off..

via gamesradar

DCEmu Newbie

This game "Heartland" sounds like it would have been an amazing game. I hope he picks it back up or never let it be "completely" dropped.

ok this is very of topic but does any one know how to use rapidshare or mega upload for an unlimited about of time pm me if u know how the reason iam posting this is when u post on a new thread your answers come faster you know

Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnake3000 View Post
    ok this is very of topic but does any one know how to use rapidshare or mega upload for an unlimited about of time pm me if u know how the reason iam posting this is when u post on a new thread your answers come faster you know
    Or maybe your posting it here cause your a complete idiot who disregards rules in hope you can get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    Sometime ago on his personal blog, Jaffe spoke of wanting "to make gamers cry" with his project,
    I can tell you right now, that would be the #1 thing that would put me off any game is hearing that or hearing a developer admit that.

I get enough of that garbage on reality TV and the news. Video games are escape time, pure and simple.

And no.. I didn't cry when Aerith died.

Thread Information