Thread: Xbox Live + Softmod?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Xbox Live + Softmod?

I want to softmod my Xbox and use the simplest program that will allow me to FTP to it, play DvDs without the remote and .avi or .wma files on my Xbox but allowing me to play Xbox Live without being banned. Is that possible?

Yes you can as long as you cold boot the game.

You will most likely get banned because if M$ can scan your HDD and if they find the softmod files they will ban your gamertag.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooksyX View Post
    You will most likely get banned because if M$ can scan your HDD and if they find the softmod files they will ban your gamertag.
    This is true (supposedly), but I've never met anyone thats had this happen to them. So long as you dont do anything stupid like cheat in halo 2 or whatever you SHOULD be ok.

I was banned using this very technique.
    I got banned when I updated my dash via live AFTER removing the original MS stuff.

Also I recently took my banned xbox and put in Rainbow Six 3 black arrow and was unable to play the game.

in my stock xbox, i was able to boot the game, but i had to install a dash update to play online.

my advice is be sure and have the very latest dash for your xbox, and then soft mod.

if anything else comes up, manually install the dash update.

of course i was banned in 2004.
    so it's been a while.

but i plan on chipping my current clean xbox and putting a new drive/eeprom in the banned one, so hopefully that will get them both back online WITH mods.

remember, the most important thing is having a clean drive when updating the live dash, or manually update your live dash.

DCEmu Newbie

Well I will probally want Xbox Media Center right? I'm not sure which one to go with... I'm very newbish at stuff like modding an Xbox. So far I know I need an Action Replay, orginal copy of Mechanic Assualt and a computer + internet.

you need the following things:
    the krayzie Ndure Mech Assault Game Save softmod Installer
    it works with all versions of xboxes and kernels/dash versions.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...c=430898&st=60
    it also has an update:
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=508000

A copy of the ORIGINAL Mech Assault GAME - NOT THE PLATINUM HITS COPY. IT WILL NOT WORK.

An XBOX - duh.

a game save on a xbox memory card (action replay, whatever)

FTP access to your computer is always a good thing as well.

so get smart ftp or flashfxp or cute ftp.
    or if you are smart, get a mac and get transmit! hell yes!

Before you mod:
    I do recommend you upgrade your stock clean xbox to the very latest Dash#5960
    if you plan on playing on live, be sure and have all the latest content downloads too.

this is not as important as being at dashboard 5960, but it helps cut down on the potential of a ban.

once you get the Ndure installer from xbins or over at xbox-scene.com make sure if there are any games you haven't downloaded the content for... you download it now.

the ndure installer is so freaking good and thorough.
    its... uncanny...
    it will ask you to back up your C and microsoft Dash.
    be sure and do that.
    be sure and choose basic install over minimal... it ensures you can get on live.

I recently just ran a new version of this, and immediately after installed the XBMC as my main dash.
    I also plan on creating a disc from this xbox and upgrading the hard drive ALL via this amazing tool from Krayzie Ndure's installer.

DCEmu Old Pro

There are two more games that work with an exploit... 007: Agent under fire and Splinter Cell... Google it, I did

Cloudy

I would not reccommend using LIVE on a modded box, not if u value your gamerscore on your 360 anyway :P.

I prefer the hotswap method anyway using XBOXhdm and the Softmod/ShadowC addons. even with shadowc i still HIGHLY discourage playing on LIVE.

If you are really desperate to play on live and want a solution that is guaranteed to work then add an external removable HDD bay to your XBOX and swap the HDD's over when u want to play on live, that way u can use all stock for live and use a massive HDD for XBMC.

Thread Information