Thread: Spring 360 update adds more "integration and innovation"

xbox 360 Spring 360 update adds more "integration and innovation"

via Computer and Video Games

The next Xbox 360 firmware update will bring more "integration and innovation", says Microsoft's Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb.

The update details comes in the Major's latest podcast, in which the MS blogger says unlike PlayStation Home the Xbox 360 interface will always have games integrated into the experience.

"Our philosophy is that games are at the center of everything we do," he says. "Think about how Live works; the guide is always integrated, I can always view my messages, see who's online, cross-game invites across all games, leaderboards, achievement - all that kind of stuff.

"The new stuff we're bringing in Spring adds more functionality and integration," he promises. "We know you want to hear about it. Stay tuned".

Expectedly, no concrete details on the update are offered beyond Hryb's vague hint, leaving us to contemplate wildly over Microsoft's plans. Will MS follow in Sony's lead adding more "virtual world"-style interface features? Share your ideas in the comments below.

Internet Browser! I know I don't need it but man, will be a great feature if implemented..I like the blades, the menus, the dash, XBOX Live Marketplace, if anything needs to improve, its more free content!

DCEmu Newbie

i thought microsoft didn't like to copy....? now they're copying sony, or proving their cowardice by reacting to Home.....Microsoft doesn't need to dominate another market! Long Live Sony!

Quote Originally Posted by star51 View Post
    i thought microsoft didn't like to copy....? now they're copying sony, or proving their cowardice by reacting to Home.....Microsoft doesn't need to dominate another market! Long Live Sony!
    Can you say sony fanboy

Anyways I doubt M$ is going to copy the home Idea they are hopefully just going to add features that will be more interesting than home.

Plus I think home will get boring really fast. I would rather live my life for real instead of fake.

If I could as for two things in the spring update it would be:
    -A web browser
    -1440 x 900 resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by star51 View Post
    so you just had to sign up to comment on this to show of your fanboyishness? what the hell you talking about Microsoft copying the Home? i thought it was Sony's lil ol' version of Mii's which they deliberately copied from Nintendo. and it's true the Home will get boring, why spend most your time wandering around virtual worlds and not in your own world..for me, i like to sit on the couch, turn on my console, insert my game, play and if a friend logs on and wants to play online with me they can invite me or i invite them. that simple. no wandering a sub-par virtual reality world to look for some sh1t to do..Sony is going the Nintendo way and is just pushing the gimmicks to win it all at this point.

Acorn Electron User

I'd like to see MS introduce more than a one on one with the private chatting, so you can have a group private chat with friends together.

Of course more free content would always be welcome. A virtual themepark type thing would be cool (like Planet Ring that Sega did for dreamcast) where you can play simple but fun games.

But generally the thing I miss the most is not being able to chat with more than 1 friend at once in a private channel.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beetroot bertie View Post
    I'd like to see MS introduce more than a one on one with the private chatting, so you can have a group private chat with friends together.

Of course more free content would always be welcome. A virtual themepark type thing would be cool (like Planet Ring that Sega did for dreamcast) where you can play simple but fun games.

But generally the thing I miss the most is not being able to chat with more than 1 friend at once in a private channel.
    you can do that all ready, I think you can have up to 5 or so, in one channel

Quote Originally Posted by Darksaviour69 View Post
    you can do that all ready, I think you can have up to 5 or so, in one channel
    I am pretty sure that right you can only do one on one. Which is pretty dumb because when I am trying to find ranked matches on gears with 2 of my friends I have to have one it private chat and call the other on my cell phone. M$ needs to add a group chat, and if people are worried about cheating they can make it so developers can disable it in ranked multiplayer matches.

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

i'm pretty sure i had 3 way chat going before

edit: i tell a lie, you can switch between people in the channel, but not all at once.... that sucks

Acorn Electron User

Yeah, sometimes I just want to play alongside a couple of mates and be able to chat freely without the jibber jabber of the other gamers. It can get particularly noisy in Call Of Duty 3 when there's 12 people on your team.

Thread Information