Thread: Touchdown! The Alien Attack

Blog Entries

NDS Touchdown! The Alien Attack

Sweater Fish Deluxe posted his entry in the Neoflash Coding Contest:

It's my first DS release and in fact only my second homebrew release on any system. I'm pretty happy with it, especially considering that 100% of development ocurred in the last month.

Touch the screen to kill those nasty aliens before they can abduct all the employees of NeoFlash Inc. Press L or R to change weapons. That's it. Oh, and have fun.

Let me know what you think of it.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Rookie

OK, I thought the graphics and music combined nicely to add a nice style, which makes this game entertaining, but the weak point in this game is the gameplay is a bit too simple. Despite that shortcoming this is still a fun game.

i agree with aryn it is a very good dame but i still think i could be a bit more coplicated...

Thanks for the comments. I really wasn't sure people would like my MS Paint artwork, but apparenlty they do.

Simplicity was really what I was going for. I love simple games. My other favorite entries in the NeoFlash contest this season are Twist and Eskiv. Probably the only two entries even more simplistic than mine.

In my opinion, the problem with the version of Touchdown that I entered is not that it's too simple, but that you can't keep playing forever. No matter how well you play, eventually the aliens overwhelm you and you have to just give up. Now maybe that teaches us that war is futile and we should talk to these aliens and find out what they want instead of fighting them, but it doesn't make for the best game. I've tweaked the game since the contest deadline and now have a version that can be played indefinitely and I think it's really fun since you're constantly on the edge of your seat trying to stay at least a little bit ahead of the aliens. I actually rolled over the home team score while playing last night, which means I shot down over 1000 UFOs--I told you liked simple games.

I'll probably make another release sometime down the road, incorpoarting this change, but I'd like to add some additional weapons to the game as well before doing that.

...word is bondage...

Thread Information