Thread: Hybrid Maps Google GMDL Tile error

DCEmu Newbie

Default Hybrid Maps Google GMDL Tile error

Can someone please confirm for me that i am not the alone.

I am really happy first off with the GMDL and Mapthis program There amazing!

I took me wahile to learn reading through the forums to learn how to use

For now i have been gereting maps with Google maps only for larger areas, but for city i use hybrid google maps (looks pretty)

I recieve a tile error alot of the time with hybrid (liitle frustrating) The forum points out if u pull to many maps your ip will be ban and have to wait 4 hours before trying again or change ip.

But thats not my problem. I find that if i try to crate a hybrid map any larger then lets say a city I get the error. In some cases im only able to create a hybrid map of half a city only? If any larger i get the error?

Is there something im doing wrong?

I creat my maps with a min zoom level of 1
    -2 was giving me a negative latitude (i believe.)

Also, just wondering cause mainly i would be more then happy to work on creating a map of canada, I see that with gmdl you can decompress to .png my hybrid maps that i have created. Is the soloution i seek

-in creating a bunch of small hybrid maps
    -Then decompressing with gmdl
    - then combining some how the maps (copy and pasting into same folder)
    -Then re-compressing into one map??

Thanks in advance to all that help. I really tried to research all of this as much as possiable but i find it difficult to navigate through some of these threads as they all have well over a hundred posts.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by hatman101 View Post

I recieve a tile error alot of the time with hybrid (liitle frustrating) The forum points out if u pull to many maps your ip will be ban and have to wait 4 hours before trying again or change ip.

But thats not my problem. I find that if i try to crate a hybrid map any larger then lets say a city I get the error. In some cases im only able to create a hybrid map of half a city only? If any larger i get the error?

Is there something im doing wrong?

I creat my maps with a min zoom level of 1
    -2 was giving me a negative latitude (i believe.)

Also, just wondering cause mainly i would be more then happy to work on creating a map of canada, I see that with gmdl you can decompress to .png my hybrid maps that i have created. Is the soloution i seek

-in creating a bunch of small hybrid maps
    -Then decompressing with gmdl
    - then combining some how the maps (copy and pasting into same folder)
    -Then re-compressing into one map??

Thank You
    I believe that google will ban your IP after ~ 50000 tiles.. which is not alot, btw.
    So you have to wait and then contnue the download. as far as I remember, gmdl supports that... if you find a problem doing that, ask in7ane in gmdl thread..

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I believe that google will ban your IP after ~ 50000 tiles.. which is not alot, btw.
    So you have to wait and then contnue the download. as far as I remember, gmdl supports that... if you find a problem doing that, ask in7ane in gmdl thread..
    It's actually a more sophisticated blacklisting with a sequential fall off timeout... I use msn hybrid... Not as pretty but still ok...

DCEmu Regular

hatman101, see if the new release is any better for hybrid maps, details at: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...=33068&page=65

DCEmu Newbie

Default Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by in7ane View Post
    hatman101, see if the new release is any better for hybrid maps, details at: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...=33068&page=65
    Than you in7ane, you have made one hell of a great piece of software, thank you!

Thread Information