via PS3 Fanboy

USA Today took the liberty of poking fun at Sony in this recent article, using some of the most depressing quotes since... (hold on, checking my watch that I don't wear) oh, about an hour ago. Things like Sony's performance "is simply abysmal", or "The PS3 is sucking wind right now." The list of negative factors against Sony and its newborn child go on, but whatever. Our focus is on David Karraker, one of the bigwigs at SCE. Karraker responded to these allegations thus: "I chuckle when you say we are in trouble, because when you couldn't find them on shelves, some said we were in trouble. So we're damned if we do and damned if we don't."

What Dan Hsu (of EGM fame) said rang pretty true about the future of the PS3: "Once you get [Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4, you can get the mainstream audience from there. That's the way Sony did it with the PlayStation and PS2." This was in response to the massive sales of the Nintendo Wii, which is our next point. The ratio used to be closer to 3 Wii's to every 1 PS3, wasn't it? At least in America, the ratio is slightly below 2:1 -- nothing to praise, sure, but the gap isn't at its largest, you know? Europe will hopefully bolster the sales of the PS3 worldwide so we can say: "so yeah, uh, now it's 1.5:1... can we call this a win?" and many will answer, "no, no you may not".