Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Giri Giri free once again?

DCEmu Pro

Default Re: Giri Giri free once again?

Methinks theres not really any point. Sure morally its the right thing to do. And I agree with that, but if they release the source, witihin 30 minutes, someone'll have hacked out the "original saturn disc" verification and we'll be in exactly the same situation. Well I guess it would give us an option.

If sega permit this, I could finally get to play all me old saturn games again(I've ran out of connectors on the back of my tv)heh an excuse to buy X-men vs Street fighter and SFA3 for the saturn from japan. W00t!

Dream Coder

[quote author=Hola link=board=pcemulation;num=1090685636;start=15#27 date=08/10/04 at 09:58:27]You can emulate the saturns system protect without it being illegal.[/quote]

why must you ressurect something that had died nicely a week ago?

anyways alexvrb defended my honor, so yea, that says nothing about the point i was making.
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

At the time I posted in this thread, I did not know what Giri Giri was. Now, I even know James Barnito former head of the Cassini Team, The projet as far as I know is dead... Sadly, there won't ever be a better saturn emulator... Still, the legal or ilegal crap is a cute paradox. To learn how to make homebrew for Dreamcast many dirty things were done, so to repel Cassini for being ilegal is quite a crap ideal. Nothing replaces a Saturn, but we need a decent emulator for Saturn when all models go to hell and only Cassini proved to be worth the title saturn emulator. Project dead, no real source code to keep it going and I just hate all saturn emulator authors who all make new projects instead of teaming up to finish one. Don't flame me, I have the right for my opinion, though I found quite comic when a friend of mine Gosseney said someone will end up grabbing the pieces of Cassini when the Saturns on ebay will become $400 without control pads... ;D

Dream Coder

deja vu

"must you ressurect something that had died nicely [now get ready for the twist!] a MONTH ago?"
    If anyone is looking to buy, sell, trade games and support a developer directly at the same time, consider joining Goozex. Enjoy!

DCEmu Pro

And dont hate emu writers, unless you are one. GiriGiri is illegal therefore should not be used or backwards engineered ( and i refer to the commercial version only.) now someone lock this thread.

Bite me

DCEmu Rookie

Sigh, since someone decided to resurrect this thread: I'll have you know that the authors of Satourne and Saturnin have cooperated a good bit, and they have come pretty far with no signs of stopping. The authors just don't always have a lot of time to work on them, after all THEY didn't hack a commercial emulator where people were paid for their work. :P It is still rather bold to state that there will never be an emulator as good as "Cassini".

Oh well let's hope there will be a rightheous and quite decent Saturn emulator in the newar future then.

If you feel better, do lock the topic. Sorry for the problem.

[quote author=quzar link=board=pcemulation;num=1090685636;start=30#33 date=09/21/04 at 23:33:48]deja vu

"must you ressurect something that had died nicely [now get ready for the twist!] a MONTH ago?"[/quote]

OT: The good thing about message boards is that you can ressurect old topics, which is a lot better IMO than reopen new topics about things you'd like to say, that basicly already have been discussed.
    That isn't exactly meant towards this topic (or your person or whatever), but I felt like posting it anyway :P

Dream Coder

its just funny that it had died before right after someone trolled it up, and now its happened again =P.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information