Activision CEO Eric Hirshberg isn't worried about the firm's two upcoming first-person shooters, Destiny and Call of Duty: Ghosts, cannibalizing each other at retail.
"They're very different games made by very different creative visionaries," Hirshberg told IGN. "I think that they can peacefully coexist with one another," he assured.
"I think that what Call of Duty has done, it's done better than anybody. The multiplayer is a visceral, impactful, white-knuckle-ride experience. What Bungie has done, they have done better than anyone as well.
"The first-person shooter genre has shown tremendous staying power, as well as tremendous capacity in terms of the appetite people have for it. I think what we've seen is that if there are good games in this genre, people will show up to play them. But if you have to compete, it's nice to compete with yourself."
Bungie's first post-Halo title is a futuristic sci-fi FPS set in an innovative shared-online environment where single- and multiplayer experiences coexist. Conversely, Call of Duty: Ghosts is a more traditional offering, with a separate story-driven campaign and the latest rendition of this console generation's most popular multiplayer mode.
Call of Duty: Ghosts is due out on November 5 on current-gen platforms and PC, and will be out at launch for Xbox One (November) and PS4 ('holiday 2013').
Destiny is expected to ship on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in early 2014.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...tivision-exec/