Thread: Remote Play not enhanced in latest firmware?

ps3 Remote Play not enhanced in latest firmware?

via PSP Fanboy

We were told to expect Advanced Remote Play functionality in today's big PS3 update (version 1.6). Looks like we were played the fool: you will not be able to access your PS3's content from any wi-fi point: once again, you must be in wireless range of your PS3. Until they correct this, the Remote Play functionality loses a lot of its purpose: what's the point of being tethered so close to the system?

There are some improvements made in this firmware revision, but they are very subtle. You'll be able to easily register a PSP for Remote Play use by accessing Remote Play from System Settings on PS3. Also, you'll be able to connect a wi-fi bridge to 20GB PS3s, allowing them to interface with PSP like the 60GB versions do.

While these incremental advances are appreciated, it's disappointing nonetheless to see Sony back down on a promised feature. We're expecting Advanced Remote Play to work, eventually. The question is: when?

DCEmu Legend

Damn that sucks! Well its for the best anyway I suppose, I didn't want to update, but being able to access my media anywhere in the world is such a grand feature that I'd probably have updated for it.

So if I am using a PSP 3.10 OE-A' and hook it up to Remote Play use by accessing Remote Play from System Settings on PS3, will it detect that I am on a non-sony firmware?

DCEmu Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    So if I am using a PSP 3.10 OE-A' and hook it up to Remote Play use by accessing Remote Play from System Settings on PS3, will it detect that I am on a non-sony firmware?
    No it works fine.

Thats interesting. Maybe they'll release it in the next update.

Thread Information