Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP vs. Wii: An Alien Syndrome graphics battle

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by skater9269 View Post
    umm plus thats not the same level on each screenshot or camera view and to tell you the truth I dont care about games that I dont intend on buying.
    Then dont post you moron.

I tihnk this is a momentous achievment for the PSP

Well its no surprise
    im sure you seen the gfx of burnout dominator on the PSP, kinda like revenge compared to burnout 3, no contest
    not to mention the PS2 and xbox version looked exactely the same
    optimization = win

DCEmu Regular

Indeed, the wii pics look a bit fuzzier. However, I believe that this is due to the fact that every psp uses an identical screen. Thus, programmers can optimize the game for that exact screen for the best image. Also, they failed to specify whether these wii screens were taken using component or composite cables. Wii graphics will naturally look bad on an lcd screen without the use of component cables. There are just too many variables for me to take these pics as the gospel truth of the wii's inferiority.

all of you sound like idiots

The Wii images have been scaled down as well.

I would hardly call this a momentous achievement for the PSP. The game looks bad on both systems.

does it really make a difference on graphics between these two consules? for me no

What the heck? How does the PSP manage to look nicer than the Wii? Doesn't the Wii have the power of, like, the first XBOX? They must be doing a God-awful job with the graphics.

Aside from the mysterious differences, I hope this isn't supposed to be some kind of competition like "SHOULD YOU BUY IT FOR WII OR PSP!?" If anyone actually wants the game, then the choice would be obvious as to whether they'd want to play it anywhere on a portable device or at home on a console.

As soon as a solid line of Final Fantasy games come out for the PSP, Noone is going to care about nintendo Wii... Sony would have the game completely covered if they stopped and thought about what they were releasing and who they were selling to, instead of agreeing to any game they could get thier hands on in the quickest amount of time. If they had released a kickass game such as FFT (Which should have been done 2 years ago) They would have outclassed any other handheld today. I dont know about you, but I like being able to see all angles of my character, and kick some polygon arse in style.

And tell me, how are you going to incorporate a magic wand controller into an awesome rpg... fight the battles yourself? Oh yeah, Id like to swing my controller around fighting off enemies every 60 seconds, progressively getting more time consuming battles and praying for the next save spot. Nintendo is aiming for the genre that loved the XBOX so much. Sport fanatics and people that jump and duck with thier controllers, even though it has no effect on thier gameplay. Just now it does with the Wii. Quite frankly in my own opinion, I like to sit on my couch after a long days work, and move nothing but my thumbs and forefingers. Atleast with the PSP you don't have to look like an idiot when you throw your Wii controller through your TV in an exciting game of baseball.

Sony, if you read this, next time invest in a little bit more technology, if you are going to release a handheld system for as much as you did, Incorporate a little more than just (We did it first).

seeing how PSP is just a handheld, it wins hands down. But overall, the game looks like crap.

DCEmu Regular

o_O Dunno what everyone else is seeing, but personally the Wii screenshots look more impressive than the PSP ones, especially in the second set. The PSP uses blocky guard rails around the pit, on the north side of the pit on the Wii there's a smooth, rounded rail.

Just in general, the Wii one looks better.. so what's the fuss?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information