Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Snes9xGX Unnofficial

DCEmu Newbie

^^^

I'm not sure I understand. You put the dol file on the root of your media, then you create a folder called "SNESROMS" and put your unzipped roms in that folder, then you put that folder also on the root of your media (media being either a dvd-r or sd card).

subdirectory support?
    his link is to download the .dol file. think of it as the emulator, the "system".
    you dont save the games IN the system any more than you can shove all your games into your super nes at once.
    you put them all into a folder called SNESROMS at the top of your card.
    if your question is if this particular .dol file will work with that program that lets you chose your system from a list of them all, then i dont know. i found that program to be a little unnessisary since every emulator has a PSO/system reload that works quickly and easily.

Quote Originally Posted by gary_abernethy2 View Post
    subdirectory support?
    his link is to download the .dol file. think of it as the emulator, the "system".
    you dont save the games IN the system any more than you can shove all your games into your super nes at once.
    you put them all into a folder called SNESROMS at the top of your card.
    if your question is if this particular .dol file will work with that program that lets you chose your system from a list of them all, then i dont know. i found that program to be a little unnessisary since every emulator has a PSO/system reload that works quickly and easily.
    What I like to do is create the folder SNESROMS and then inside that created a folder for each letter of the alphabet. Then I stick the games that start with A in the A folder, games that start with B in the B folder, etc. This way when I want to run a game I don't have to hunt through a huge list. With the emulator that was posted when I click on the letter it tries to load that not go further into the folder (subdirectory support).

DCEmu Newbie

^^^^

I'm pretty sure that what you are trying to do can't be done using SNESGX

Besides, when you load your list of roms, you can just press left or right on the DIRECTIONAL PAD to quickly skip entire pages of roms.

YaY, I learned what subdirectory support is ^_^
    I feel dumb lol
    Anyway, I dont think ANY of the emulators for GameCube have subdirectory support. They all seem to be pretty picky how you name your roms folders.
    Not that Im complaining, having all these systems and games on one little SD Card is pretty damn sweet!

I know they can do it because that is how I am using it right now; just a note I'm not trying to sound angry or anything just confused. Maybe I have the versions that were made for the Wii (which I also have but sadly updated to 3.0, no big deal gamecube works fine).

Which games (doesn't have to be all of them but some) that using the latest version of the SNES emulator on the Wii doesn't work to good on the gamecube so I can see what you guys are talking about?

DCEmu Newbie

Well, playing Mortal Kombat II on SNESGX v0.0.5x, the sound is really messed up. The same goes for Secret of Evermore, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Road Runner's Death Valley Rally.

Anyway, I tried using SNESGX version 2.something, and when I tried playing Mortal Kombat II, the game was super slow and the screen was blacking out every other second. I tried out a few other games, some of them worked fine but others had the same problem as MK2 (i forget which other ones i tried out though). So anyway, I just stick with SNESGXv0.0.5x

The only other problem i've had with SNESGXv0.0.5x is that i had to inject Super Mario Kart into its own DOL file and load it that way, as i can't seem to open that rom from my SNESROMS folder and i tried several different versions of that rom.

I see what you mean about Mortal Kombat 2. Every time someone gets hit the screen goes black for a second.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by gary_abernethy2 View Post
    YaY, I learned what subdirectory support is ^_^
    I feel dumb lol
    Anyway, I dont think ANY of the emulators for GameCube have subdirectory support. They all seem to be pretty picky how you name your roms folders.
    Not that Im complaining, having all these systems and games on one little SD Card is pretty damn sweet!
    that's not true:

- on DVD, there is unrestricted subdirectory support, you can put your roms anywhere you want and use subfolder if you want. When you choose "LOAD from DVD" it start from the root of the disc.

- on SDCARD, the initial rom directory must initially exist (so the emulator know where to start looking for roms) but then, in ALL emulators, you can browse the SDCARD to load roms, which mean that you CAN create subdirectories inside the initial rom directory...

btw, as specified in the readme's, it is generally a good idea to use subdirectories since the maximal number of file that can be read from a single directory is 1000 and also, when using SDCARD, having more than 100 roms in the same directory can take a long long time to be read

Regarding the problem of loading some roms from SDCARD, it is due to bugs in libogc SDCARD support (which emulator use for low-level access to the card). The LFN support is bugged and the loading error could happen when there exist multiple files that begin with the same 5 letters (or so). Note that deleting/renaming the files on the SDCARD will not work as they still remain in the internal file structure of the card, the only solution is to have a brand new formated sdcard and to keep max. only 2-3 files with similar filename in the same directory (that's another good use of subdirectories)

Finally, specific game problems (sound or graphics bugs) are emulation related problems: they could be due to some emulation bugs in the original snes9x (try the game with the windows version to see if the same bug is present) or more probably to some speed issues with the NGC port (being more accurate than the older version, snes9x 1.5 also requires a lot more CPU speed than 1.43, that's why some games dramatically slow down in this port). In the last case, nothing much we can do beside rewriting a lot of the original snes9x code.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi Eke-Eke. Just wanted to thank you for all the projects you've worked on.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information