Thread: This Day in Gaming, March 24th

Default This Day in Gaming, March 24th

via Kotaku

1999: Midway releases Micro Machines 64 Turbo for N64 in the US. I wanted to do a whole fast talking John Moschitta Jr. shtick here, but I alas, the print medium is failing me. Please pretend that every word written on Kotaku for the remainder of the day should be read at breakneck speed, without pausing for breaths.

2000: Castlevania Resurrection for Dreamcast is officially cancelled. While the Dreamcast was not fairing well, some speculated that the game was headed in the wrong direction. Apparently it just wasn't 2d Castlevania sidescroller enough.

2000: Castlevania Resurrection for Dreamcast is officially cancelled. While the Dreamcast was not fairing well, some speculated that the game was headed in the wrong direction. Apparently it just wasn't 2d Castlevania sidescroller enough.
    horrible day in that year

i've heard of a certain lucky few that actually have a version of castlevania for dreamcast. I've also seen torrent files related to it. unfortunately no one is sharing this unfinished peice of work that most likely konami wont waste the time or money to release on a system that not many people still use..(then again, they are coming out with MGS 4 for the ps3.. just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by J_Villa1983 View Post
    i've heard of a certain lucky few that actually have a version of castlevania for dreamcast. I've also seen torrent files related to it. unfortunately no one is sharing this unfinished peice of work that most likely konami wont waste the time or money to release on a system that not many people still use..(then again, they are coming out with MGS 4 for the ps3.. just kidding)
    Good Analogy..i think MGS4 is the final piece in Sony's puzzle unfortunately by the time it comes out it just won't fit anymore.

Dreamcast Castlevania ponderings for DC

Well After using DC++ to get my hands on the RAR of it, burning it using DiskJuggler, and trying to get it to work[I never have problems with DJ] IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK, I have downloaded every version out there and same thing, black screen and lost hopes....

Does this mean I am a pirate? NO, simply put You are allowed in the state I live in to download a copy of a game for 24 hours then you must delat, trash disk, etc...

I have evry NTSC dreamcast game twice, 1 I play, 1 in original wrapper. Most of the really good PAL's and Frame Gride from Japan. I am an avid collector of all video gaes and have well over 750 arcade roms including all Neo-Geo arcade roms.

I am sorry to report that the Katana release of Castlevania was canned after like 2 levels anyway so it really would not be all that great... Could you imagine getting your hands on a copy just to have it black out or end after 2 levels, wow that would suck...

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by billslayer01 View Post
    Does this mean I am a pirate? NO, simply put You are allowed in the state I live in to download a copy of a game for 24 hours then you must delat, trash disk, etc...
    not judging you, but the "24 hour" rule is complete bull.

Talking The "24" hour rule may be that way for you

I am in compliance with an Acte that was put into motion by President Bill Clinton in 1995 called:
    431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act

it basicly states that I am allowed one 24 hour period for downloads of copyrighted material for a term of 24 hours state complying. In the state of Indiana this is tollerable. It does not matter now as I don't have it anymore, and even if I did it would not be illegal for that certain DEMO as it was never released and therefore not something you or me for that matter could make any money off of.

nice post though, I am just glad sombody somewhere is reading what I have to say, weather I am right, or wrong!

Thread Information