Thread: Confused about burning a bootable neo4allrc2 disc

DCEmu Newbie

Default Confused about burning a bootable neo4allrc2 disc

Hello. I had no trouble whatsoever burning bootable DreamSNES, Genesis Plus DC and NesterDC SE discs, but I am very confused over how to burn a bootable neo4allrc2 disc. I downloaded neo4allrc2 and have two files in the folder, the readme text document and the 1st_read.bin file.

Do I follow the instructions that are posted here?

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index...in/Neo4All-AES

So basically, do i still need to actually create two cd's in order to get everything working, and do i still need to convert roms into AES style? And what's this about I need to do something with neocd.bin? Its all so confusing.

I should mention that I have selfboot, bootdreams, sbinducr, and discjuggler. I have an sbinducr folder all set up to create a bootable Genesis Plus DC disc. Could that help me at all to get a bootable neo4all disc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres View Post
    Do I follow the instructions that are posted here?

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index...in/Neo4All-AES
    No. This tutorial/guide/whatever was written for Neo4All/AES (now called AES4All).

What you are trying to burn is Neo4All/CD. You just need to find (or dump) a version of the NeoGeoCD BIOS (which is 512 Kbyte in size) and put it into your C:\BootDreams\Neo4All\ folder along with the Plain Files distribution. That's it.

Start the emulator and swap with your NeoGeo CDs, either originals or backups. Some originals might not be compatible with the Dreamcast's GD-ROM drive: About 50% of mine do work perfectly, e.g. Pulstar, while the other 50% aren't recognized. All my backups of the same games however do work.

Thread Information