Thread: Nintendo sells 6 million Wiis ahead of schedule

Blog Entries

Rev Nintendo sells 6 million Wiis ahead of schedule

via wiiloaded

As many of you are aware of, Nintendo made a goal to sell 4 million Wii's by the end of the 2006 year. That goal was accomplished. As I'm sure you all know by now, Nintendo was pushing itself to sell 6 million by the end of their fiscal year, March 31, 2007. It is currently 10:30 PM on March 25th, 2007 here and I have but two words to say about this task:

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

According to the above image ripped from the popular sales tracking site, VGCharts.org, the Nintendo Wii has sold 6.03 million consoles around the world.

All I have to say is congratulations, Nintendo, for creating such a buzz about this console that it simply sells out in 5 minutes at any store that gets them. I was lucky enough to get mine on launch day and am loving it. I'll bet that we will see a 10 million mark before the year is over.

This thing is gonna absolutely own the next-gen consoles war. I feel bad for Sony and Micrososft.

Just goes to show, people really dont apparently care for fancy movie drives or extremely great graphics. They care about gameplay more then anything else.

My personal opinion is that this gen war will be Sony and Nintendo about tying. Once Sony gets going im sure it will also pick up sales but you never Know. As the saying goes "You can only stay on top for so long."
    I feel Microsoft will be the one in last this war.

Couldnt resist.

Thread Information