Thread: 2 questions - hope to get fast answers!

DCEmu Newbie

Default 2 questions - hope to get fast answers!

Hi all.. first I'm new so please excuse me if I breaked any rule :P.
    Alright.. I just bought my self N-Card slot 1.. 1giga runs media pictures ds roms .. like any usual slot 1 card..
    but it cant run gba games and I really want to play some old gba games on my ds !
    so my question is should i switch it , get the money and get supercard slot 2 ?
    second question is is n-card any good?
    thanks for the helpers!

To play GBA homebrew, you will HAVE to get a slot-2 card (or the EZ-Flash V slot-1/slot-2 combo). The problem with the N-card and its clones (MK5, DS-Linker, among others) is that the DLDI file for them is read-only, meaning that you can't write to the filesystem from within homebrew. You're also limited to a fixed size limit, as you can't buy more cheap SD cards to expand the capacity. I've heard flashing speed is decent, but personally I'd prefer using removeable media.

I would suggest getting your money back to get a slot-2 card. Now whether you want to get a Supercard or an M3 is another store. Keep in mind that the Supercard has slower RAM than the M3, and therefore many games will slow down during gameplay and some simply won't boot at all. I'd check a few compatibility lists before making a decision.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks.. but i think i will have to stay with my n-card.. since i heard the supercard making problems with some games.. anyway ty very much.

Thread Information