Thread: PSP Video 9 FW3.30 Beta

Blog Entries

psp PSP Video 9 FW3.30 Beta

New from redkawa:

This release in meant for PSP users with firmware version 3.30 ONLY. If you have not updated your PSP after March 28, 2007, you do not have firmware 3.30 and this beta version will be USELESS to you. If you have an older firmware version, please continue to use PSP Video 9 version 1.94. You can download PSP Video 9 version 1.94 here.

This is a very EARLY beta of the next version of PSP Video 9. It is so early we haven’t even added or tested profiles for the existing codecs and settings that have worked on the PSP prior to firmware 3.30. This version has only 2 profiles, one to convert to 480x272 and the other to convert to 720x480.

Some parts of the GUI have changed so don’t expect it to look completely like the old version of PSP Video 9. To get to the familiar convert video section, hit the “Convert” button in the top menu and then click on the “Current Conversions” tab.

Once your video is converted, you must manually copy it from your computer (by default it will be in your C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Converted Videos\PSP\MPEG4-AVC directory for XP) to your PSP memory stick. You must place the video in the root “Video” Folder (X:\VIDEO) for it to show up in the PSP XMB.

For currently unknown reasons, the PSP will show your 480x272 converted videos all squished initially. Change the screen mode in the display settings (Hit Triangle while the video is playing) to “Full Screen” to view the video in its proper 480x272 native resolution. We are looking into why this is occurring.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DCEmu Newbie

Yes, that squished 480x272 video thing even occured in the custom firmware for some reason. I never understood it. At least you could always set it to Fullscreen mode.

I'm glad that they're still working on this awesome app!

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by devmas View Post
    Yes, that squished 480x272 video thing even occured in the custom firmware for some reason. I never understood it. At least you could always set it to Fullscreen mode.
    As it has been mentioned on other sites before, the reason you can't get the video to be 480x272 on the custom firmware is because Sony locked the video resolution at 320x240. Also, it could have been locked because Sony wanted to sell UMD Videos at the time and probably didn't want people to create their videos at 480x272.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks for continuing to update PSP Video 9. I can't wait to use the 720x480 resolution on my PSP

nice, i'm glad too this program is being updated

i love psp video 9 it and winydows are the best video programs for psp by far

Thread Information