Thread: WiFiController v0.4.2 setup help

Default WiFiController v0.4.2 setup help

The first step in the readme is as follows.

"Open the PSP directory and edit the proper wifi.cfg for your PSP version
    and set the IP of the computer you are going to use this on."

Where do I edit the wifi.cfg?and how do I edit it?and how do I set the IP of the computer Im going to use?

i dont know how to edit the wifi but to find ip address on your pc you click-start-run-then type cmd click ok this will open msdos prompt then type ipconfig and press enter this will give you the ip address of your pc.

Ok I found the wifi.cfg file..............now how do I edit it?And what do I edit?

I have had a look at this myself and to be honest the instructions really are not that clear but i will try to look further to try and find out.

Once you find out what to edit you can edit it by renaming the file a .txt file and open it in notepad.

I googled "how to edit a .cfg file" and found the following explanation:

Config Files

Config.cfg, Config_mp.cfg

Another way of using commands is to edit the game's .cfg (config) files. The main config files for Call of Duty 2 are called config.cfg and config_mp.cfg, and are stored in your Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 2\main\players\[Profilename] directory. These file can be opened and edited with any text editor, although it is best to use Windows Wordpad to edit these .cfg files, as they may not appear in an easy to read/edit format in other text editors such as Notepad. These files store your main game settings, such as your key configurations, graphics and audio settings, etc. Config.cfg holds your singleplayer settings, while config_mp.cfg holds your separate multiplayer settings. They are the main configuration file used by Call of Duty 2 each time it launches the game in singleplayer or multiplayer mode, so before editing either of these files make sure to create backups.

Generally, editing the config.cfg and/or config_mp.cfg file is not wise because most of the changes will be overwritten the next time the game is launched, or if you change the game's settings in the in-game menus. If necessary, you can make the config.cfg/config_mp.cfg file read-only to prevent the changes being overwritten, but this is not recommended. It is much better to store your custom commands in another .cfg file and have Call of Duty 2 execute this file each time it launches. The common filename given to this custom config file is autoexec.cfg, but you can give it any name you like as long as it ends with .cfg.

Ok I got it all setup but it wont get past the 2nd connection state when the Wificontroller is connecting.

DCEmu Newbie

I have the exact same problem now. What did you edit it to? I put just the IP address of my computer and it won't go past the second connection state on the psp. Maybe you're supposed to put something more?..

DCEmu Newbie

well I solved my problem. I just left the text file as is and put my IP address instead of the one it already had in there. I dont know if thats your problem too though.

Thread Information