Thread: XMB Emulator ALPHA 1

Blog Entries

psp XMB Emulator ALPHA 1

New from superskull85 comes what the coder calls an XMB Emulator, before anyone gets excited this is NOT a PSP Emulator for Windows , heres what the coder says:

This is an application that will "Emulate" how your XMB will look on your computer before actually compiling your RCO's and flashing them to your PSP. This application will let you view your XMB and it's icons, backgrounds and colours. This application is meant to help you preview your XMB without actually flashing it. With that said this program doesn't even read your Flash0 and doesn't need your PSP to run. This program will not read RCO's or have any functionality, it will read BMP files and will arrange them so they look just like your XMB.

Source code is included for anyone who knows how to program with Turing. Because this is an ALPHA version the source code is very minor and limited. You can use the source code as long as you give credit to me and the respective owners of the included images.

With this program you can preview two different themes at once. In the root folder you will find XMB One and XMB Two. XMB One stores files for the first XMB and XMB Two stores files for the second XMB. To use:

1- Make some icons with a white background, with dimension 64X64 and in the BMP format
    2- Make some wallpaper images in the BMP format and with dimension 480X272.
    3- Rename icons to:

1- Settings Icon
    2- Photo Icon
    3- Music Icon
    4- Video Icon
    5- Game Icon
    6- Network Icon
    Background- Wallpaper Image

4-Place your icons in the XMB One or XMB Two folder
    5- Run XMB Emulator.EXE.
    6- If you satisfied with your XMB compile your topmenu_plugin.rco with a compiler.
    7- Flash to, Flash0:/vsh/resource/, with a flasher.

Future Features

This program is still in it's ALPHA version in the future I will be including more features. The features I hope to include:

-Sub-XMB Preview
    -Sub Sub-XMB Preview
    -File check/Size check- This will help you make right sized icons so that you can make non-corrupt files and have icons fit in their positions.
    -Menu Names- This will help you further see what your XMB will look like with your names.
    -Program Main Menu- To help you navigate through the program
    -Integrated guides and references
    -Support for XMB click sounds
    -Support for simple navigation functions
    -Support for wave animation
    -A simple file flasher through Flash0/1 USB
    -Include a RCO compiler

Important Notes

-Files in the "Core Files" folder should not be deleted. If any of these files are deleted the program will give you an error.
    -The XMB One and XMB Two folders should not be deleted. If even one folder is deleted the program will not run.
    -Images must be in the 8-bit bitmap format. Images with their information stored in the ALPHA layer should not be used with this program. Files extracted from RCO's will not work properly with this version of the program.

Credits

All credit goes to me for programming and compiling. Credit for Icons and backgrounds go to their respective owners (I forget who created them, if you created some of the images please e-mail me at [email protected]).

Version History

ALPHA 1-

This version includes support for Main XMB icons and XMB wallpaper.

Now the coder only wants the file to be hosted on PSP Vault at the moment.

Download There and Discuss via Comments Here

SICKSICKSICKSICKSICK.
    but i think it should be called xmb prevewer
    or xmb viewer, xmb visualizer, icon check, or something like that cuase it doesnt really emulate anything it just lets you prevew your xmb icons instea of constantly flashing

thats really convenient, thanks

DCEmu Legend

I must say this is pretty cool. For someone like me who never flashes anything but OE custom firmware and doesn't see the big deal, it makes it easier to check out some of the custom icons and themes that seem to be so popular lately.

It would be great if it could read rcos... but im still thinking this is going to be a great app.

A lot of people have suggested RCO support!! The only thing I can say right now is that I am looking into this feature. It may and may not come.

P.S. I really need some graphic designers, if anyone wants to help please let me know. I'm open to any kind of design people can make I have a layout I can send you, that will give you an idea of how to make the images.

nicely done, i was hoping for something like this months ago...when i was flash-happy

Blog Entries

yep more help for flash-noobs.

PSP User

cool cool cool thats pretty awesome! i always wanted one of these

Thread Information