Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Daedalus R10 Released - N64 Emulator for PSP - Mario 64 Full Speed

DCEmu Newbie

Ha. Goemon 5 works suprisingly well.

The speed is still way low and the menu text is messed up. But other than that, ther'es no real graphical issues.

Ah, nevermind. Just locked up

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by joshisposer View Post
    Apparently you guys don't know what playable means. That doesn't mean perfect or like the N64 or any other emulator, it means you can move and play the game without waiting 20 secs to move or for it to load. Mario 64 is extremely playable and pretty damn close to ƒucking full speed. You make it ya $#@! and then you can start talking.
    There's a difference between saying, meh, it's not my type of homebrew and ƒucking dissing the creator. Go to hell
    Hey troll ,never bashed the author,gave him props.

You are a moron though.I think this emu has great potential,but its not at full speed yet so STFU.To me its not playable.
    Bootleg movies are watchable to some people if they dont mind watching watching a blurry movie filmed in a theatre with people walking infront of the camera.Bootleg movies are unwatchable to me and a slow choppy Mario 64 is unplayable to me as well.

Different strokes for different folks bitch.

Calm your nuts man, everyone has their own opinions no point in arguing over it now.

I'm just hoping StrmnNrmn updates us tomorrow because he didn't update us about details about R10 like promised, I don't really care though he ddeserves all the time in the world. I really think this emulator is comming along, he's my favorite coder, Daedalus PSP is really getting exciting to watch, I've been watching since R1!

ok well, im seein a bit of an improvement here.. but my only real desire is to see mariokart 64 running full speed with full sound. if i run sound, its hella choppy and the graphics get a bit more glitchy, but with audio disabled, its only slightly better than r9.

So, great work on the advancement, and cant wait for r11. Thanks strmn, been following this since the very first release, and i must show love and respect. devotion is key and you stand tall homie.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodis View Post
    I have been playing Aero Gauge, even with audio enabled I get a steady 15-16fps, sometimes higher.

With audio disabled I get 20fps+. It is very evident that when this emulator makes full use of the ME, we will see some major improvements. Either speed improvements or much higher quality audio with little to zero impact on frame speed. I definately vote speed to be worked on in the next release(s).
    I think we need a compatibility release because I'm tired of playing the same games. I want to play DK64 man lol and many of my other 64 favorites that aren't working now. Maybe we could get a compat/speed release and maybe working on the compatibility will bring speed improvements to. But I love how this emu has come so far, I cant wait to see the day the last release is released. Its gonna be a great day :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Awesome, Mario 64 is incredible, never thought I would see a n64 game playing in PSP this good, and hopefully it's yet to improve a lot.

Imo, keep updating speed and sound over compatibility, even though Mario plays great it's still a bit far from full speed and sound, we aren't there yet so it has no sense to make more games compatible since those that work are still not fully playable at all, speed and sound wise.

I agree with joshisposer, but less harshly worded.

Its not full speed, but its VERY VERY impressive work and we should all be appreciative.

mungrin: comparing this to a cam copy of a movie is just plain wrong, its apples and oranges.

The guy isnt writing a NES emulator, its a bloody N64. How much do you think sony spent developing POPS?
    Id say it was a fair chunk of change, the 64 is more complex and powerful, and StrmnNrmn is doing it for nothing.

The guy deserves a lot of respect and appreciation for his hard work IMO, if some people dont feel the current version is 'playable' for them and they must post, then just say thanks for the update.
    We dont care if you dont find it 'good enough' to spend you time with, myself and most others do.

We are thankful for any improvements, understand just how ambitious this project is, and enjoy watching this brilliant emu get better and better.

DCEmu Newbie

I never thought that N64 would be possible to emulate on a PSP.Man i cant wait for Banjo.

StrmnNrmn should work in this (to make daedalus R11 a bomb!)

1. Add ME (Media Engine, to have great sound that wont slow the emulator). To play Super Mario 64, Starfox 64, Mario Kart 64, Rampage - World Tour Destruction, Rampage - World Tour Destruction 2, Paper Mario 64 and some other roms at almost full speed (or full speed) with sound

2. Faster, at least 25%+ faster than daedalus r10 (to play zelda ocarina of time at 15-20 fps, very playable) and some other games finally run at full speed...

3. Savetate (for now), so he wont spend too much time fixing some bugs about saves (like ocarina of time)... and have more time improving the speed or ME.

4. Add the Expation pack support (to run Zelda majora mask, goldeneye 007, and some other games that used Expation Pack)... and I think its going to have a small speed-up

5. Add a save for the GUI, to save like (framskip, stick deadzone, settings, show fps and other things) so when we start the emulator, it automatic load the save setting and we dont have to spend time with some settings, so we would start the emulator and be ready to play!

Thread Information