Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R4 DS Firmware 1.08 Beta

Blog Entries

NDS R4 DS Firmware 1.08 Beta

New firmware for R4DS flash card:

1. Automatic recognize slot 2 adapter, support NDS and GBA games card. (credit to cory1492)
    2. Customable frameset for loading slot 2 GBA games. (save your gbaframe.bmp to _system_ directory)
    3. Backup/Restore game saves. (press SELECT to switch to Display Savefiles, choose the SAV file and then press A to backup, chose the BAK file and then press A to restore)
    4. Support deleting file and empty directory. (Press X to del while highlighting the corresponding file or directory)
    5. Bug fixed for 0970 save problem.

More details

wow, thats cool they are putting a lot of work into the R4 good for them and us! keep up the good work, the more things this baby can do the better :-)

DCEmu Rookie

2. Customable frameset for loading slot 2 GBA games. (save your gbaframe.bmp to _system_ directory)
    what exactly does that mean?
    I've got a m3lite and I'd love to just be able to access the stuff on it's card from the r4 menu, rather than having to boot the m3 and then go thru it's menu system

Dcemu Coder

What it means? GBA has a different resolucion then nds. So in gba mode the display isnt used completly. There is a black frame arround the gba view. This feature seams to allow you to change that black frame into a picture that you can costimze.
    Yeah r4 is doing great. But never read about the arm7 load issue. when deving with r4 i noticed that it loads the cooprocessor part of the homebrew rom in a wrong way. That causes sound bugs on my game, adn HtheB also noticed arm7 issues with his Beup. So there is still stuff left to improve. And i really think thats more important then a frame arround the gba games :/

1.07 is running fine for me, so I'm not gonna update my firmware until it has better support for homebrew. But at least I can use my R4 to get to the homebrew on my GBAMP!

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Payk View Post
    This feature seams to allow you to change that black frame into a picture that you can costimze.
    holy useless update batman

I was secretly just hoping they'd find a way to link the flash cards in slot1 and slot2

Yo payk - I've noticed that the ARM7 program isn't initialised in the same way/order as it is on, say, the gbamp. Took me AGES to figure out what was wrong!

Dcemu Coder

^^Yeah thats true. Hard to figure out. But well, nice to meet the QuakdeDS dever

It wouldnt wonder me if every palib game that uses mod has same issues on r4 then i have. Since i used Liranunas Modplayer, and its more or less well known that Palib uses his player too (but they didnt asked him afaik :/)

So maybe someone should contact r4 team (and mollusk lol) to fix that!

Sounds great! I'm going to update my R4 now, but hopefully it asks to confirm deleting files or it's back to 1.07 for me

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderX View Post
    Sounds great! I'm going to update my R4 now, but hopefully it asks to confirm deleting files or it's back to 1.07 for me
    It does

it works really pretty well
    well enough, that I couldn't think of a reason to go back to 1.07

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information