Thread: Cool Herders To be released by GoatStore

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

Default Cool Herders To be released by GoatStore

I was looking around the net a found the old web page for that DC homebrew classic Cool Herders, but i notice that the page has changed slightly since i last saw it

Cool Herders is now under agreement to be finished and distributed by Goat Store. Note that it's not ready yet, but watch for it!

here
    no idea how new or old that message is, but still very interesting

edit: pics and movies of the new version in the forum!

Who is going to finish it?

from the blog on the same site dated 2005-03-27

Finally finished the much overdue Map Editor for Cool Herders...That will hopefully get Binky finishing off levels and sending them to me. It was a pain to do, but except for some functions being a bit slow, it's pretty flexible. Everything's drag and drop, and the output is the exact format I need to drop into the game.
    more pics and movies here
    http://harmlesslion.com/temp/ch/

cool herders forum

http://www.harmlesslion.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=5

Blog Entries

neat news

tursi the coder of cool herders has posted this in his forum
    After about a year of slowly dropping hints and letting little things leak, some of the Dreamcast forums have started to notice that Cool Herders is creeping back to life.

That said, I thought I'd post a special update. The places that I've noticed Cool Herders links so far are
    {black listed site, has some warez links}
    and
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...&threadid=5843

Took you guys long enough! {/teasing}

So anyway, that gives me more incentive to update more often here. I did just post an update yesterday, so I won't repeat that, but I hope to have new videos this weekend.

For those who were curious, Binky (art) and I (code) are the original members of Moving Target. We've lost Liandran (music), but picked up Tenzu who is producing an absolutely perfect soundtrack so far. We've also got FoxxFire, Fel, and Marrisoft working on art, and they're fitting in well. (There's still room for more since all are very busy RL, and I've a few more tasks to hand out).

While the workload remaining is still challenging, especially on top of RL work, I think we can have it done this summer and over to GOAT by then. We're doing our best to ensure that you not only get the quick and easy game you remember, but enough new features to make the wait worthwhile. A full options menu will allow you to play in the classic style if you don't like the new stuff.

One of the posts reminded me of the old CH webpage. I think I'll add a noisier link to this forum there now, then back to work!

Now that really is good news, nice find guys (even if a little late).

I think Tursi posted over at DCEmulation.com about this a hundred years ago. It's nice to see the pics again though Also I almost forgot about it within the past months, so it's cool to see it posted again

Edit: http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=51219

Thread Information