Thread: "I'm amazed we're allowed to make it for Wii," says Scarface dev

Blog Entries

Rev "I'm amazed we're allowed to make it for Wii," says Scarface dev

via gamesradar

Okay, so the actual quote was, "I am amazed we're allowed to make a game like this for Nintendo Wii," to avoid the risk of misquoting Jason Bone, Lead Combat Designer on Scarface at Radical Games speaking to us as he demoed the game to GamesRadar recently.

But the message is pretty clear either way you read it - the Scarface Wii team has absolutely no intention of toning down the ultra-violence in the 'family console' version of Brian De Palma's apocryphal film.

Is the Wii really the place for dismemberment by chainsaw, lewd hand gestures and coke-fuelled swear-fests? That's not for us to judge. However, following our hands-on experience with the game at Radical's Vancouver office recently we found that the team has certainly created a more visceral and terrifyingly tactile experience than any other console version could manage.

As Bone explains with a certain relish: "Aiming a gun with the Wiimote is the closest you can get to killing a filthy $#@!-a-roach without getting of your couch."

Quite.

DCEmu Newbie

I still don't understand the whole "we must protect our kids from violent games" argument.

If you don't want your kids playing these games, don't buy them for them and talk to the parents of where they go.

Truth is, they're more exposed to violence through primetime TV than the vast, vast majority of video games.

i agree, my parents bought me these kind of games when i was little and it didnt bug me any or warp my mind. truth is, why hide it? were all exposed to it anyways.

DCEmu Newbie

I've been going to see violent movies since I was young, hell, my mother took me to the theaters to see Aliens!

Violence in Video Games & Movies/TV are just excuses for people to act out. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them, as long as the person watching/playing them knows the difference between real & make-believe.

Thread Information