Thread: Tech Specs?

DCEmu Newbie

Default Tech Specs?

Hello everyone in this very friendly community , this is my first post here. I have some questions regarding some tech specs of Fenix in Dreamcast. ???

a) How the Dreamcast RAM work with Fenix? Everything is loaded in the main ram? or the bitmap data of the FPG is stored in the video ram?(and same question with the sound)
    b) What is the best resolution and bitmode to use with the Dreamcast (of course to get things speedy)
    c) There is no way to use the analog part of the controller of the DC?
    d) Second controller is supported?

Well I think that's everything for now. I think that answering these questions will help me and a lot of people who want to see their Fenix/Div creations running on his beloved Dreamcast's. Thanks to everyone for your time.

Default Re: Tech Specs?

[quote author=Paul55 link=board=Fenix;num=1105457478;start=0#0 date=01/11/05 at 09:31:17]Hello everyone in this very friendly community , this is my first post here. I have some questions regarding some tech specs of Fenix in Dreamcast. ???

a) How the Dreamcast RAM work with Fenix? Everything is loaded in the main ram? or the bitmap data of the FPG is stored in the video ram?(and same question with the sound)
    b) What is the best resolution and bitmode to use with the Dreamcast (of course to get things speedy)
    c) There is no way to use the analog part of the controller of the DC?
    d) Second controller is supported?

Well I think that's everything for now. I think that answering these questions will help me and a lot of people who want to see their Fenix/Div creations running on his beloved Dreamcast's. Thanks to everyone for your time.[/quote]

1. Not sure. You'd have to ask Chui. Most likely, everything is loaded into RAM at once.

2. 320x240 at 16 bit mode works nice a fast. 640x480 at 16 bits isn't too bad, but you'll want to run at 60 fps. In fact, you should set all of your games at 60 fps to run them nice and speedy.

3. You can use mouse.x for the analog stick, but it's a bit jerky from my experience.

4. Dunno. Ask Chui.

Hoped this helped.
    The World Of Owen Rubin
    Atari Coinop Game Programmer #4
    http://www.orubin.com/

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks a lot Atari ! I think I'm not going to bother Chui with this (I think that he is very busy with his Neo Geo CD emulator), so i'll try to find it by myself (i don't like to waste lots of Cd's but, well....), anyways now I know that I don't have to make 8 bit colour mode applications to get speedy things

DCEmu Newbie

remember that most games don't need to run at 60 fps. 30 is good enough for most purposes

Thread Information