Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: GCSX Source Code Released - Playstation Emulator for Nintendo Wii/Gamecube

Quote Originally Posted by $n!pR View Post
    Someone should compile this and upload the ELF...no clue if this is working fully yet though.
    It's not fully developed.
    It would be really nice to have though.
    I'm dying to play games like Chrono Cross and Star Ocean on my wii.

I'd would do something, but i'm planning to work this summer on a engine to make Zelda like games for the Wii. Though I gotta first see how to program for the wii before ever thinking on that engine, xD

Well I do have enough time to work on something like this, but the one thing I don't have is the experience.
    meh.

DCEmu Newbie

T.T i wish i knew how to program, i wana play star ocean cause i never beat it (got to last part-ish area and couldnt beat the boss there so i quit, same thing with baten katios) i even had the ps1 game shark and still lost 0.0

Wouldn't it just be easier to port an existing complete psx emu homebrew app to the wii? (thinking out loud)
    I mean The friggin' psp has a psx emu and they also have a n64 emu too.
    Would be nice to make things a little more fair. =/

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewArsonn View Post
    Wouldn't it just be easier to port an existing complete psx emu homebrew app to the wii? (thinking out loud)
    I mean The friggin' psp has a psx emu and they also have a n64 emu too.
    Would be nice to make things a little more fair. =/

in time. i think this is what they are doing. i have the original emu on my mac like i do most of the emus relesed for wii and its o.k. the real reason ppl have trouble porting emus over to wii is because of the power pc processor. its the cpu that mac uses and in turn makes the port-able emus very limited. becuase everyone who starts a mac emulator quit half-way for instance the GC(not sure of name) emu is not being worked on and N64 (sixtyforce) was dumped by gerret. though u still have to pay to use the emu... grr

DCEmu Newbie

I would love to see PS1/PSX running on the Wii. I have no issue with putting the relevant gamefiles on my SD card, because it'd be a fine investment to pick up a card specifically for that purpose.

I can think of tons of great games for the system that I'd love to play on a console that still works -- my PS2 is dead, as is my PSX. FF Tactics, FF7, Super Robot Taisen/Wars Alpha, and so on.

What about epsxe?
    that's the best psx emu right? (and complete)
    If I'm being noobish to you excuse me, but couldn't it be possible to just port that?

DCEmu Newbie

It could, but the work in porting it, picking out the bugs etc. would probably take a lot more time than develop this one. Why? The Wii use a COMPLETLY different CPU architecture(PPC vs. x86-64) and a different set of libraries(LibOGC).

It's not impossible, but would require more work than this one to get it to compile for PPC and actually work. I'm not completly sure I've got it right, but his is my impression from what I've seen.

If just a high power, architecture/os independent language was inventet(not java, slow and ugly)...
    Last edited by Unicron2k; June 5th, 2008 at 09:20.

DCEmu Rookie

epsxe is not open source.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information