Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wii Warm Up: Negativity

Rev Wii Warm Up: Negativity

via Nintendo Wii Fanboy

We've noticed something lately, and thought it worth mentioning this fine morning: there are lots of people talking about the "failure" of the Wii. We've seen dozens of op-ed pieces on the various things that have "killed" the Wii (lack of supply, lack of games, lack of third party support), and we see lots of rousing posts on various interweb forums about how Nintendo can "turn things around." Frankly, these kinds of pieces make us rub our eyes and make comic faces that demonstrate our disbelief. Is this bizarro world? Because in this world, we see a lot of people playing Wii. We see a lot of people buying Wii. We're watching Nintendo ooze money right now. So, uh, just what is it we're missing here?

DCEmu Newbie

its just the ps3 fans who are on there period.

I lol'd a lot. Then how can they explain Wii has the best sales

not only that, but by console sales alone (no software included) the wii will turn the highest profit of any of the consoles. Even though the gamecube "failed" it also made a lot of money due to its reasonable specs and intelligent marketing. Also, if a game were ported from the PS2 to the GC, you were better off getting it on GC as it had vastly improved loading times and much better graphics. I liked my GC, and i'll like my wii (if i ever find one)

I lol'd a lot. Then how can they explain Wii has the best sales
    Coz common folks are weird. They buy, then thy think.

20 years ago i remember people saying "spectrum is better than c64 blah blah blah"..

same old arguments, only this time on the internet, and not only in the playground..

why people are so fanatical about pieces of electronics amazes me...i wonder if there are arguments over microwaves and toasters..

people seem more interested in nintendo making profits than the few games that are out.

and the comment about gc games being better than ps2.... WHY DO YOU CARE ?

DCEmu Newbie

when I had owned all 3 i sold my ps2 because it sucked. but anyways I used my ps2 for games that were online only for the ps2 *the tony hawk games were basicly it) and then i liked the smackdown games and the kingdom hearts. but the same arguement about the gc games better then ps2 goes with the xbox games being better then the gc ones. I bought games based on what controller I wanted to use and which ever console i played games on the most i bought games for so i didnt have to unplug and plug em into the back of my tv when i wanted to switch games. and I bought soul caliber for gamecube for link thats how to pursade anyone.

my Wii has been in its box since new year!!!

i want to like it, truly! but the software is awful so far, seems like a dud to me...although a very profitable dud for nintendo

it seems nintendos plan was ONLY about profit from the start, though all this family fun acting seems to be working well enough...

they were right though, games should be rated by the gameplay opportunities, not graphics...thats why i play Motorstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Accordion View Post
    my Wii has been in its box since new year!!!

i want to like it, truly! but the software is awful so far, seems like a dud to me...although a very profitable dud for nintendo

it seems nintendos plan was ONLY about profit from the start, though all this family fun acting seems to be working well enough...

they were right though, games should be rated by the gameplay opportunities, not graphics...thats why i play Motorstorm.
    I think people vastly underestimate the draw of the virtual console. People claim the wii doesn't have a strong library right now, In spite of Zelda twilight princess, wario ware,sonic and the secret rings, and with titles like, super paper mario, metroid prime 3 and,mario galaxy on the loom along with third party support like the resident evil 4 remake, nights,dragon quest, the wii's future is so bright we gotta wear shades.

But the strongest feature by far is the Virtual console, With this your profuse gamer is profoundly gratified, most of these titles are time testes classics, and with the classic controller, "not a game cube one" you will feel these games play they way they where meant to be played.

I have often asked myself, "If Nintendo had released a simplified console that only downloaded and played virtual console games- Would i still have paid 250.00 dollars for it.

And every time i answer with a resounding hells yeah.
    The wii is the best deal on the market not only because of it's price. But because of its content as well.

your right, the VC is good, but i already own all the games i want to play, and most are; or at least have been, in their original formats. But for new games the Wii is seriously lacking, i cant be bothered to finish twilight princess, CoD 3 has no online, Wii sports has been forgotten long ago

im only keeping it for hope of some great games, No more Heroes, being the only one i can think of.

after buying the ps3 i have even less reason to play the Wii, and i only have a ps3 because i only had to pay £300 with two games.

i guess the main reason is i look forward to games with substance, those which will push what i believe a game can do, and with Nintendo going money hungry chasing new markets, and Microsoft serving the hollywood crop, the only place to turn is sony, who seem to be killing themselves to enable people to experience new things.
    i am incredibly pleased with motorstorm, £7 Tekken and flOw.
    and cant wait for MGS4, Little Big Planet, team Ico's next game,and the possibility of new REZ.

unfortunately i cant say the same about the Wii s upcoming games, and after spending over £300 on it, i wish i could.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information