Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie and Datel Media Dock

Default Newbie and Datel Media Dock

I purchased this Datel Media Dock from Walmart for my kid for her DS. Never would have imagined it would be this hard. The idea sounded great, mp3 and compressed simple video - excellent! A cute toy for us to mess with.

However nothing has worked. Ever. First time I installed the card upside down. Then I did not see it on windows, so unplugged and flipped it over. Can see the drive, copy, browse...now.

I got the MMPD 122 and unzipped to a dir and copied it all over to a cleaned CF disk. I also got 1.21. I got moonshell which failed to unzip for versions later than .7beta.

All I ever get is this "There is a DS Option Pak Inserted". Nothing boots and clicking on this yeilds nothing. I have removed the game card and tried 3 differnt Sandisks (512MB, 512MB, 1G), I even reformated some of them (all are FAT) after taking them from cameras around the house. I have copied over startup_122.zip (Datel's 1.22 release to be copied as is) in unzipped format (per Datel manual on the drives and having a , and the 1.21 and Moonshell's _BOOT_MP.DS. All I get this the "There is a DS Option Pak Inserted". I tried V1.21 Datel, no avail. I am just copying the files i unzip (bootme.nds and some dirs) over to the CF card.

I must be doing something stupid! Please tell me!

Surely bootme.nds and some simple dirs (audio, video,,,,) will just work?

Is it possible that he has changed some setting on this DS that will block this?

Yeah here is f* tard for you. Go look for that boot disk media player game card and use it. My wife found it in the box and presto- goddmn it, it works now!

You guys have a good forum here. I will use it to chop up some movies and put them on it.

DCEmu Newbie

The MMD is a nice piece of hardware. Make sure you have the D3V converter and use it on the videos (unless using Moonshell) and one more thing, if you get homebrew games, make sure they get DLDI patched.

It is nice, but has limitations. I dislike it because it doesn't accomplish what I am looking for. None the less enjoy it!

DCEmu Newbie

i recommend Datels Game n' Music, Bestbuy.com has them in stock i think, website on pre-sale.

pretty easy and less bulky,

I have NES roms on it and comes with some games already... still trying to make it work with other homebrew. Supercard makes a slot1 w/ microSD now also, i think.

I recommend against the Games N Music card, since currently there is no DLDI file for it so you lose a ton of homebrew compatibility as a result. It doesn't really offer anything the other products don't aside from the fact that you can just walk into a store and buy it.

DCEmu Newbie

Heh guess Im lucky I found my MMD at Super Wal-mart on Clearance for $10, and then got a 2gig CF card for $25 on Tigerdirect.com, and recieved the card WAY before they said it was supposed to be delivered. (Supposed to be delivered between 5-7 buisness day, I got it on the 3rd day on saturday)

So far I am pretty impressed with MMD, but is F***en stupid that they didn'nt implement .gba file compatibility, and that is what most DS homebrew is, and Half the .nds files don't work on MMD anyway.

At least I got a Good NES, SNES, and Sega Genesis Emulator to work, so I guess I got what I payed for, and now my DS has Replaced my MP3 player.

I'm guessing you're referring to .ds.gba files, which are actually DS binaries. They're exactly the same as the .nds files that accompany them with the exception of a small header put on the front so that GBA flash carts will be able to flash them to the cart.

If a .nds file doesn't work for you, there are a few tricks you can use. For instance, naming it as bootme.nds will load it at bootup but might sometimes make a nonworking app start working. Other games require that you set the time to 00:00 for whatever reason.

You can try to get a bit more help with homebrew at MaxConsole, as they've got an active forum dedicated to Datel products.

Default can't run apps on datel device

I just got one of these, and I can't get it to do anything. The thing starts up. It shows the directory structure. However no files in any of the folder show up. So I placed .ds files in the root directory. Then I could see them, however double clicking any of the items won't load them. All I can do is highlight an item and see it's size. I even tried renaming a file to bootme.ds and still I couldn't load a game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information