Thread: Problems with homebrew on 3.03OE-C

Question Problems with homebrew on 3.03OE-C

I have 3.03OE-C, but cannot get any emulators (except DGEN) or most homebrew to work.
    They show up as "Corrupted" in the PSP memory stick menu.

I load them by making a new directory in PSP\GAME150 directory and copying the EBOOT.PBP and other files/directories that came with the program.
    I have also tried the PSP\GAME directory.

Some homebrew, and DGEN works, but most stuff does not (e.g. daedalus, gPSP, PSPVBA).

P.S. If PSP\GAME150 uses 1.5 Bios, and PSP\GAME303 uses 3.03 Bios, what is PSP\GAME for?

Try going into recovery and changing the kernel for homebrew to 1.50.

Thanks for the answer, but my sons favourite game has a firmware update to 2.80 on the UMD.
    1. If I change the kernel to 1.50, does this mean that the update will run if he selects it accidentally?

2. What is the difference between running a file from GAME150 and selecting the kernel to 1.50?

Thanks

the kernel works by changing the default folder for homebrew and usually cures homebrew problems, as for the 2.80 umd update it will not run if selected because you are on 3.03oe-c which is higher firmware than 2.80 however any umd's with an update higher than 3.03 will run regardless of which kernel is selcted cos its not homebrew, however there is plugin called anti update which hides the umd update icon thus preventing it from being selected, I will see if i can find it for you.

Make sure that you have both folders of the hombrew you are running in the game150 folder. for daedalus, one folder will be called "daedalus" and the other "daedalus%"

OK as promised antiupdate this is just a plugin and will cause no harm to psp. Be sure to read the readme for instructions.
    Last edited by hodgy47; March 2nd, 2008 at 00:37.

Thanks - should prove useful in the future.
    One further question though - cos I'm curious:

What is the difference between running homebrew in PSP\GAME150 and running homebrew in PSP\GAME with Kernel set to 1.50?

Thread Information